Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gs Adults Only Section!
No offense intended [MENTION=22564]VirgoMasquerade[/MENTION], but what's point of starting a debate only to abandon it half-assed? Do you not approve of the discussion you've received?

NativeSon Wrote:No offense intended [MENTION=22564]VirgoMasquerade[/MENTION], but what's point of starting a debate only to abandon it half-assed? Do you not approve of the discussion you've received?

Eh because I have a life and really don't give a rats ass about this.... I asked the question and I got a feel for it. I can't help the fact your late Smile
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

meridannight Wrote:That's cute.

[MENTION=13210]Beaux[/MENTION], we mean you, of course!

😝 Just call me "Flipper" 😜 (As in, I can Flip yo man! Lol)
~Beaux

I know plenty of female members left because of a low grade but persistent unwelcoming vibe here at GS. It's by no means universal, and it's only rarely overt, but it's there. (I just noticed that the GS logo took out the "lesbian" part on who this board is for.) There have been times I've drifted away and probably have only come back because there's a tab in sight on my screen that I can click that brings me here, and sometimes when trying to get into my g-mail I accidentally use the link by it that brings me here instead. That, and there are a few members that are still active who send me PM and contact me in other ways to ask how I've been, say I'm welcome here, and things like that.

I say that with no bitterness, it's simply the vibe I get. And it's not as bad as many other parts of the internet (who are as hostile to gay males as they are females of any kind) which are much more overt and thus make GS look good for women in comparison. Though I've changed my mind about replying on another thread, and maybe I will finally leave never to return.

But one thing that does strike me as special about GS is that it's a place where people, especially gay men, can interact as people rather than as sex objects. Aren't there plenty of other places to wank off to (and can invite each other to), rather than making GS a clone of so many other sites? (I'm only throwing that out there, I'm not planning on returning to this thread.)

[MENTION=14705]Pix[/MENTION], there is no doubt in my mind that you are a confirmed member of this crew. Stick around!
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:[MENTION=14705]Pix[/MENTION], there is no doubt in my mind that you are a confirmed member of this crew. Stick around!

I will second that...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I too, am of the opinion that it is a shame that more women don't post here, and am saddened to hear that [MENTION=14705]Pix[/MENTION] has felt an unwelcoming vibe. Ok, I have seen it in this thread, but was unaware of it really before, but maybe that's because I am not a woman.

Pix Wrote:I know plenty of female members left because of a low grade but persistent unwelcoming vibe here at GS. It's by no means universal, and it's only rarely overt, but it's there. (I just noticed that the GS logo took out the "lesbian" part on who this board is for.) There have been times I've drifted away and probably have only come back because there's a tab in sight on my screen that I can click that brings me here, and sometimes when trying to get into my g-mail I accidentally use the link by it that brings me here instead. That, and there are a few members that are still active who send me PM and contact me in other ways to ask how I've been, say I'm welcome here, and things like that.

I say that with no bitterness, it's simply the vibe I get. And it's not as bad as many other parts of the internet (who are as hostile to gay males as they are females of any kind) which are much more overt and thus make GS look good for women in comparison. Though I've changed my mind about replying on another thread, and maybe I will finally leave never to return.

But one thing that does strike me as special about GS is that it's a place where people, especially gay men, can interact as people rather than as sex objects. Aren't there plenty of other places to wank off to (and can invite each other to), rather than making GS a clone of so many other sites? (I'm only throwing that out there, I'm not planning on returning to this thread.)

I'm sorry that you even feel like you need to address this issue. Although you don't post very often, at the moment, you are one of the users that I associate with this site. To prefer male or female company isn't a problem and isn't necessarily sexist but to benefit from a forum and decide that "it can't be for women because I am a man and I use it" is. I may be only 23 years old but I have been alive long enough to know that men, too often, delude themselves into thinking they are virtuous human beings, whereas women seem to be more critical, in general, of themselves. That's not to say that lots of men aren't overly critical of themselves.

seeking Wrote:I remember there was a time there are a lot of female members, to a degree that you can't really say it's a "male-dominant" forum, and at that time I don't feel like there was any alienation between members. (Although once a female member mistaken my words as an insult to women and it didn't end up well Tongue, probably because I didn't express myself well-enough in English)

But I'm not sure why most of them are not active right now.
They probably have plenty of forums of their own. We could all (except those of us bereft of our mothers) bring in our mothers and ask them to participate, lol, but they might still find they have no place here. After all they did make us the way we are, but.... I don't think that's going to happen, unless they are very involved in their boys' lives.

meridannight Wrote:Well, for one, I am not a nihilist doubting everyone and everything I come across. Some of the things can be extrapolated to within a vicinity of being accurate without one actually witnessing it first hand. (We can find extrasolar planets without actually being present in their solar systems physically; maybe not the best analogy, but you get my point).

And I take people at their word unless I have a reason not to.

But, you could be right, and there could be people here who claim to be men, but are actually females. Even if that was true, their fraction can't be that great. It would be confined to a minority phenomenon. This is, after all, a site dealing with the topics and issues pertaining to gay men. Consequently, a greater majority of the users have to end up being males.
What's that film called in which Jim Carey is being filmed inside a world that's completely fake?