Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guidance - Keeping it in the family?
So I have recently fallen head over heels (cliche I know) for one of my uncle's ex-boyfriends.

To be more specific his most recent. He has been apart for several months but is that even acceptable?

I'm not sure if I can pursue it? Should I? He's interested but I keep pushing him off.

Ideas?

Welcome to gs

The situaton as you describe it, I can't see any reason why not.

It's your life and your decision, and only you know how your uncle might handle it. Maybe talk to him about it first before pursuing anything to see if he's okay? Depends on your relationship with your uncle, hard for us to say what is best here.

Maybe you should tell your uncle about what's happening, see how he reacts, and perhaps ask some specific questions.

It's up to you whether you pursue it or not. Stranger things have happened. You are all adults. If you are concerned about your uncle's reaction and how it will affect your relationship with him, you need to weigh that against how serious your feelings are for his ex bf. Hopefully, if there are hard feelings you will be able to work those out in time.

So a bit more information I guess would help.

My uncle is only 8 years older then me and he dates younger guys. So it turns out this guy is actually my age.

If that makes a difference.

If you are worried talk to your uncle , but in the end the decision is your and yours alone to make.

It's obvious you are posing this question to us because something inside is telling you there is something wrong with this, whether conscious or subconscious. That should count for something.

Hi, Welcome to GS.

I don't think he is somewhat "off-limits". He is already an ex of your uncle, so he has no commitments whatsoever to another man.

If they are no longer together and don't feel anything for each other (specially hard feelings)Xloc I think it's ok for you to date him. However, it would be wise to talk first with your uncle and ask him if it's all right with him. Think for a moment that you have broken up with a boyfriend some time ago and then you realize a friend is dating him withouth having told you anything:confused:. How would you feel about it?. Specially if you have to coexist or coincide at the same place. :frown:Liefde

It was a great decision to push him off momentarily until you are safetely free to date himXyxthumbs.

Greetings!!Xyxwave