Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He deserves better than me.
I don't know how much of this is me needing to get this off my chest and how much is whatever else, but I'm saying it regardless.

There are quite a few guys who have taken an interest in me over the past six months or so, a few being three to six guys. Most of them live a fair distance from me, some even out of state. I don't put any stock in long-distance relationships (been in a few, silly really), so it isn't too big a deal. One guy does live one town over from me and we've hung out quite a bit. The past few weeks I've noticed I like him a little, just enough to say I do and not anything too serious. Problem is, I'm not sure if I want to be romantically involved, for several reasons.

Mainly, I don't see myself as a good, decent person like I used to be. The last two or three years I've slept around a lot (luckily haven't gotten anything worse than Gonorrhea) and dabbled with drugs (including Meth and Cocaine). I've pretty much stopped doing all of that, but I still don't like who I've become. At times I can be needlessly rude and I take advantage of people's kindness (especially if money is involved). I am trying to change, to be a better person. I don't want to use my friend (the one who I've taken an interest in) any more than I have, and I'd like to be good for him. He's a sweetheart and deserves better than me.

I don't know what to do.

MD let me ask you a question.

Don't you think it should be for HIM to decide if you are good enough????

be honest with him tell him about your past and that you are doing your best to change.

then if he decides to give it a try on a more romantic level he knows what he may or may not expect.

The choice is yours AND his be honest its always the best way.

I wish you the best

Mr. Not So Lonely Wrote:MD let me ask you a question.

Don't you think it should be for HIM to decide if you are good enough????

be honest with him tell him about your past and that you are doing your best to change.

then if he decides to give it a try on a more romantic level he knows what he may or may not expect.

The choice is yours AND his be honest its always the best way.

I wish you the best

I missed a few key things, it seems. I do that.

He likes me a lot, has for some time now. He also knows about my drug use and how I use people.

I guess I'm just scared of being with someone seriously. None of my previous relationships have been, mostly because of my immaturity I suppose. I am only 21, after all.

He also isn't quite what I'm looking for. Even though I have developed feelings for him, I don't want it feeling like I'm settling with him. That isn't fair for either of us.

i know excatly what you mean cause im slept around alot to and to be honest im young 22 and yeah i regreat it and what ever but it was hott at times and i liked the rappers and thugs that keep it on the low but just hate when they fall in love it diffuicult cause there hott but i know i dont wanna be in a realation ship with an new unsecure guy in the scene ... does anybody get me.