Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Health Scare and I'm Freaking Out :-(
Hi guys,

I was going to post this anonymously but I am in serious need of advice. :-( I actually feel like I want to cry. Basically I have found a lump in between my legs and it feels like it is 1.5 - 2cm long. This lump isn't in my scrotum it's on my right leg but high up near my cheek on the right side. Basically for the last 4/5 days I have had a pain in that area which I attributed to either pulling something or even an infected hair follicle . I have had hair follicles between my legs before but not something like this. Last night I put my leg up on the bath and had a feel around and to my horror I felt this, I actually though I was going to burst into tears. Next I got the mirror and the area did look kind of raised. At first I did give the lump a squeeze and it did feel like there was liquid in it. I then got the mirror and had a look around the area again and it looked like some blood discharged from it. The skin on the surface kind of feels tough like when you get a pimple or a spot. Well I spend 30 mins feeling around it and then went to bed worried. So now This morning I get up and have a feel round, it kind of feels a bit lumpy and fleshy but at the same time like a swollen tube with a massive bump in it. This thing seems to have occurred quite quickly as I haven't noticed before and it seems quite sore from when it started but has it been there for long?. I am really scared in case I have some sort of cancer, I'm already stressed as it is with exams and this is pushing me over the edge. I can't get an appointment at the doctors for a while either, I was thinking of leaving it a few days and this swelling may go down. Sorry but I just feel really upset.

Hi! I hope this helps...sounds like a boil to me. I have had a few of them. Get a warm washcloth and hold it on the area and gently squeeze...there will most likely be blood and pus...

You may want to google boil or cyst and see the different pictures and symptoms match your own.

Good luck! I know things like that can be scary so try to take a deep breath and tell yourself you are going to be fine....or think how you would comfort a friend and then do the same for yourself.

Cancer lumps don't feel liquidy and they aren't motile.

Cancer lumps don't develop in for or five days.

Infection rise rapidly and cysts/boils are motile.

Go to the hospital mate, a boil that size needs to be lanced to remove the chance of infection. Nothing to worry about, but please go to hospital Wink

That should not be a big problem... like the others I think its a infection... go to a doctor and let open it. Its really not a big problem... I know that because I had a few infections like this in the last few years.... only a small cut and the problem is solved in a few days... but don´t do it yourself. Its nothing to be ashamed and the doctors have seen these things more then ones. And don´t fumbling around this thing more... that can make a small to a big problem if it maybe burst under the skin.

Last night I thought it felt liquidy but today it feels more fleshy, I wouldn't say hard though, it just feels fleshy, the thing is its a bit sore too (it was a bit sore before prodding it) but I can feel it it's kind of like a sphere between my thumb, pointing finger and middle finger. Just really scared as all, I'm even wearing loose fitting underwear in case it might be the elastic restricting something. I'm just worried because I know there lymph nodes in that area and I've been reading about lymphoma and stuff.

Sometimes it feels like a fat vein with a sphere in it. I don't think it's motile but I have been able to move about, my skin feels tender to the surface too. :-(

I am really unsure if it is a boils because it doesn't have a head either. :-(

mrk2010 Wrote:Sometimes it feels like a fat vein with a sphere in it. I don't think it's motile but I have been able to move about, my skin feels tender to the surface too. :-(

No ..believe me .. its - I think the name is - pus. It seems harder or weaker by to much touching / fumbling. because more or less blood-water / wound-water comes in or out. Don´t touch it....

Just curious, what is making you hesitate to go see a doctor? If it is something serious, the sooner you get treatment, the better. If it's nothing, then you'll feel better immediately.

You should get yourself down to your local NHS Walk-in Clinic... they're open 24-7 I think and at weekends as well. You don't need an appointment.

Just done a check for you and there's one in your area...

http://www.sunderland.nhs.uk/tpct/global...nyhill.pdf

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Catch up with you soon,

Andy x
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.