Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Health Scare and I'm Freaking Out :-(
You can usually get that kind of stuff taken care of at walk-in clinics. You just need it lanced, cleaned, and then a prescription of antibiotics for a week.

I concur, it sounds like a boil or a deep blood blister.

I would suggest seeing a doctor who can look at it, poke it prod it and drain if if needed.

S/he might biopsy the material.

Even if it is a cyst or tumor it most likely is benign.

There are other things it could be, such as a single pore has gotten infected - way down deep, such as a calcification where a tiny grain of calcium (and other minerals) form, then the body starts attacking it as foreign matter and a pocket of blood cells (red and white) swell up around it. I have a few of these, located in 'thin' areas where bone and skin is thinnest - for me its due to R.A. (rheumatoid Arthritis). I have had a few removed, its a simple clinic visit procedure in most places. The only reason why I have had a few removed is because they refused to stop being infected.

Fatty Tumors - deposits of fat - not really a tumor. My Partner has a few, had a few removed due to cosmetic reasons.

So there are a lot of other options, nothing to be really scared about.

but still, see a doctor, get it checked out, biopsied if s/he thinks it needs such. Most likely it is merely a 'boil' and will get lanced, you will get a course of oral antibiotics (make certain to take all of them) and sent home with a band-aide/plaster on your bum.

Have to agree with everyone here.

First let me say I am glad you are getting this checked with a doctor.
Even if the lump disappears keep your appointment as you may well need antibiotics.
I am not trying to scare you here but with anything so close to the groin area and glands , it is essential to get medical help.

As an RN, I can tell you that hot and throbbing are, the signs of infection, just as dfiant has stated.
From what you have described it sounds more like a carbuncle than a boil ,as you have a history of ingrown hairs.

Please under no circumstances squeeze it, as it-will only serve to spread the infection under the skin.
And please do not attempt to lance it , or drain it , that is best left to your doctor if he decides to do so.

Keep the area as sterile as possible if you.
Best home remedy for this is a warm towel for a compress ,if you have peroxide at home dab some on.

Keep us posted.

It seems to have appeared so quickly, I was a bit sore there before it arrived when walking. I'm not sure but I think it has grown bigger since this morning, I wouldn't say it feels hot but it is sore does throb a bit and sore when walking, I am planning on taking some paracetamol / cocodamol before I go to bed and put some cream on it just to be safe. My neighbour next door (the nurse) said it may go down by itself a bit but not to touch it,

get it removed asap AND most important; get a biopsy on it.

Take a deep breath and try to calm down. Like everyone else is saying it sounds like a boil. They arent dangerous or anything. Its best you go to the doctor and get it checked out though to be on the safe side.

A ganglion cyst, also known as a bible cyst, is a swelling that often appears on or around joints and tendons in the hand or foot.

maybe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganglion_cyst

ask a doctor

ive had a cyst on foot for a year im not bothering with it

had them on testicles for years they finally popped

ask a doctor

it could be harmless and probably is

shanker from syphilis? thats serious

some people will remove anything

doctors i go to say its not necessary to remove them providing its want i say it is

Oh noes Mrrko Sad

I have no useful advice for you unfortunately, because you're already doing the 1 thing I could think of to suggest. I just hope your doctors visit goes well and they tell you exactly what it is and how to take care of it.

Let us know how it goes with the Doc today Wink