Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
New boy here, and the system seems to think I should introduce myself. Who am I to argue with the System..?

Happy Christmas BTW!

Pooossibly the wrong time of day to do this...Ah well!

Arthur.FWT Wrote:Pooossibly the wrong time of day to do this...Ah well!

Hello Arthur and Welcome to Gayspeak. What brings you here on a Christmas Day?
Season's greetings in any case.
PA

ps. Everyone's probably watching Christmas telly.

Heh, no doubt..

Only very recently out, taking a look around. I've been faaar too intimidated to get out there before now, figured this place looked friendly enough.

Season's greetings to you and all!

Arthur.FWT Wrote:Heh, no doubt..

Only very recently out, taking a look around. I've been faaar too intimidated to get out there before now, figured this place looked friendly enough.

Season's greetings to you and all!

What prompted you to come out? Anything in particular? Or were you forced to out yourself? How did it feel? Like a weight off your shoulders?

Ooo, long, long story. Being bi makes it easier to hide I guess, but...it's not good at all. Came out of a marriage and on the way out thought "Hey, new life, maybe I should start being honest about the last 22 years". And yes, massive weight off, had no idea how heavy a weight it was, or how good my good friends are.

That's the shortest version ever, usually it takes at least 1,500 words to explain..

Arthur.FWT Wrote:Ooo, long, long story. Being bi makes it easier to hide I guess, but...it's not good at all. Came out of a marriage and on the way out thought "Hey, new life, maybe I should start being honest about the last 22 years". And yes, massive weight off, had no idea how heavy a weight it was, or how good my good friends are.

That's the shortest version ever, usually it takes at least 1,500 words to explain..
Lol. Rofl I was expecting to get the novel-length version... hehehe. Roflmao

Ok...You asked for it!

Been bi since I can remember, when I was five I used to watch Battle of the Planets and always used to say that was the first time I noticed women, because Princess was hot. Never mentioned that Mark and Jason were as well. (If you don't know the cartoon this'll be completely lost on you.)

Had the usual wake-up call at 12-13, started seriously fancying girls, mostly this lass called Lucy. And then there was Dan... Very nearly lost my virginity to him, regretted that I didn't to this day.

Passed through shame in my teens and early 20s to shame-but-there-you-go to "Oh it's just a private kink thing" and then I was married. Came to terms with it at about 30 (little late) but it wasn't worth mentioning as my marriage was on the rocks anyway so why add fuel to the fire? But I decided that if things were to end for real I'd open up about it because I'm tired of, Christ, so many freaking things.

So, as of a number of months ago it ended, and about a month ago I first said It. And everything's been upside down since, I've never been so confused in my life and I love it to death. Confusion's probably the wrong word, it's more like being three and being faced with a Christmas tree-load of gifts I never knew I had coming. It just feels good to be able to speak about it, next comes doing something about it with any luck. Depending on many, many factors of course..

And that was still a quick version, but hey, no one wants to read an entire biography!

Arthur.FWT Wrote:Ok...You asked for it!...
And that was still a quick version, but hey, no one wants to read an entire biography!

Thank you for this longer account. Now we know where you come from and we can help you better, I guess. So I take it you're either looking for a boyfriends or for boyfriends...

Hey Arthur Xyxwave welcome to GS!