Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Arthur.FWT Wrote:Thanks man, I'm digging it, and thanks to the others for the welcome. This is my first post-outing foray into a gayer world, glad I came here, seems very cool...
Yes ... mostly quite (or too?) relaxed here.

Quote:Now sir, music: Where do I go to hear some of your stuff?
Although I do have a couple of my own websites, a couple of MySpaces and a Facebook I tend to keep my professional activities separate. Just a hangover from when I was a total closet case, I guess; very unfashionable in these totally networked days, I know. I'm working on a project of a more personal nature at the moment that I may decide to post somewhere anonymously. Maybe I'll leak the details here when I've finished it Wink ... depends whether it's any good, although as a rule my marketing strategy is generally poor to diffident. I compose regularly for three of the bands I play with, to commission and for my own amazement. My favourite composing tools are a Rotring propelling pencil that Albert bought me and a Novello manuscript book (number 4 - the A5 spiral bound, landscape one with pictures of apples on the cover). Other than that I have just upgraded to Sibelius 5 on my G4 laptop and record mostly into Logic Pro or Pro Tools LE.

Got as far as track 33 out of the 39 tracks on your linked site. Some nice stuff there. I particularly like some of the more ambient soundscapes Xyxthumbs

marshlander Wrote:ambient soundscapes

ambient soundscapes Clap can I have a listen, please?

Arthur.FWT Remybussi

Holy crap, you're a pro! I just use the computer stuffage, Nuendo/Sonar/Reason and soforth, if not it just comes straight from brain to bass to hard-drive. I'm getting more musically articulate though (I fink), though I mostly do dance-music I'm getting more into the music and less into the dance, the dumber bits anyway. Just uploading a new track to the top of my Reverbnation list that hopefully makes that fairly clear... Wink Dunno how many techno-waltzes there are but there's now one more!

Glad you dig it, it's still a long way from "good" but I figure by the time I hit 50 I'll have something worth listening to.

I can totally understand the separate identity thing, never thought of it in those terms before though, interesting concept. Maybe that's why I'm also AaaPha, Ar-Fvur, Mister Clippy and FuXoX.. Maybe that's also why I felt the need to bring a couple of the strands together under the Perfectly Normal Beats label. Fun with identities!

Scary thing is, on top of divorce, coming-out, all the drama of the latter part of the year, I also got signed by a little label in Ireland a couple of months back; it's astonishing how the clockwork of the Universe sometimes clicks together like that. I just hope I can start popping out some properly saleable music for them!

PS, oh crap, I clicked the wrong button, think my reply just became a new thread! Uh, any mods care to kill that please?

*Cringes with embarrassment*

marshlander Wrote:Yes ... mostly quite (or too?) relaxed here.

Although I do have a couple of my own websites, a couple of MySpaces and a Facebook I tend to keep my professional activities separate. Just a hangover from when I was a total closet case, I guess; very unfashionable in these totally networked days, I know. I'm working on a project of a more personal nature at the moment that I may decide to post somewhere anonymously. Maybe I'll leak the details here when I've finished it Wink ... depends whether it's any good, although as a rule my marketing strategy is generally poor to diffident. I compose regularly for three of the bands I play with, to commission and for my own amazement. My favourite composing tools are a Rotring propelling pencil that Albert bought me and a Novello manuscript book (number 4 - the A5 spiral bound, landscape one with pictures of apples on the cover). Other than that I have just upgraded to Sibelius 5 on my G4 laptop and record mostly into Logic Pro or Pro Tools LE.

Got as far as track 33 out of the 39 tracks on your linked site. Some nice stuff there. I particularly like some of the more ambient soundscapes Xyxthumbs

Ok, two attempts to reply, I seem to be doing something wrong. Highly unacceptable for a self-proclaimed geek! Am I posting random threads by accident? Been on Fark.com for too long, it's not quite so, um, "feature rich"..

Don't worry. You have the option to delete Wink

Done and done! I guess there's a delay between reply and display, or my FF's cache is being annoying. Must remember to refresh-bypassing-cache when I'm here.

Hello Arthur

Welcome GS

Happy Holidays Bud

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks man. All the better.

Hi Arthur, and welcome to Gayspeak !

I'm sure you will continue, as you have already started, to settle-in with the crowd here, and by all means feel free to open-up to us and tell us about what's on your mind - all the regulars are very sincere and genuine, and I am sure they (and I if I can) will help you along the road Confusedmile:.

Good to meet you, and fair play to you for taking life by the scruff of its neck and re-organising it into a happier configuration for you - I am sure it will pay even greater dividends as time progresses.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Arthur.FWT Wrote:New boy here, and the system seems to think I should introduce myself. Who am I to argue with the System..?

Happy Christmas BTW!
REVOLT AGAINST THE SYSTEM! ANARCHY 4LIFE!

Hi, and welcome to the forum.