Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from southern Arkansas
Thumbs Up 
Hi.  My name is Richard. I am 57 and I am from a town in southern Arkansas 30 miles from Louisiana. I am 100 miles from any big city. Ugh. I do not have any friends where I live. To me it seems like gay people are either very secluded or deeply closeted.  In this area there is no sense of a the lgbtq+ community which is very sad to say at the least.  I am out to some family members but my 77 year old dad I am not even close to that conversation. I believe my family has known from a early age that I was different from other guys.  I do not know how to even go about having this conversation with him. He is very conservative and makes derogative comments about gays and even blacks for that matter. I have to depend on him to a certain extent.

I did not mean to go into this for my open introduction. it is just weighing on my mind.

I am glad I found this forum and glad to be here. I hope to make solid connections as well as be apart of discussions posted in this forum.

Thanks,
Richard
[-] The following 1 member Likes richhix56's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

Hi! - Welcome!
[-] The following 1 member Likes eastofeden's post:
  • richhix56

Welcome  to the forum @richhix56. I am sorry your Dad is that way. My Dad was very similar when he was alive. He eventually found out I am gay (my Mum told him) and we never really spoke about it, though he didn't treat me any different after which was a win in my eyes. I hope this forum helps you and you enjoy it here Smile.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Cridders88's post:
  • richhix56

(07-08-2021, 04:00 PM)richhix56 Wrote: Hi.  My name is Richard. I am glad I found this forum and glad to be here. I hope to make solid connections as well as be apart of discussions posted in this forum.

Thanks,
Richard

Hey Richard and welcome! I'm 58 and live in Mayberry! Imagine the LGBTQ+ support in that little town! But Lordy, I cannot imagine being 100 miles from any support at all! Powerful opening for sure and so it is sad that it has to be the frame of an intro, but SO REAL! I love you already. Hugs and all the best. I'd let daddy's shizzizle stay his and leave it unless there's some pressing need to push. I like how Cridders TOOK a little comfort in his situation and for his own best interests regardless of his dad's capacity and compassion. I think that allows one to keep loving despite the barriers. Anyhoo, I just know there is a loving, caring and wonderful person underneath that angle of the man and I'll look forward to getting to know you better. I'm not very active here with my very busy work and family life, but I'm in for the long haul and even help donate to support this great forum. Thanks for introducing yourself.
Heart Bighug  Heart
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 1 member Likes ChadCoxRox's post:
  • richhix56

Hello Rich! Welcome to the Gay Speak.

I'm Chuck, and I'm 52 years old, from NJ.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • richhix56

Hi and welcome Welcome
[-] The following 1 member Likes Chase's post:
  • richhix56

Hi Richard, welcome to the forum!  Welcome
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  • richhix56