Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please
Quote: but now im concern that the friendship will also fade away? =[

Seriously, I don't know. Would staying in touch with him through emails be too hard for you?
If the distance helps you I would stay away from calls, texts or chat, but maybe old-fashioned emails would work for you? (I was about to say old-fashioned letters, but that seems like a dinosaur-era thing Wink)

It doesn't matter how you are gonna stay in touch with him, you just need to persuade your brain that friendship is what you want and that crush and jealously can ruin the friendship you two are sharing. When you managed to do that, you can share one bed and you'll be fine. Everything is in your brain. Don't lose your friend just because of lust. Friendship can be forever. Lust can't. Even long sexual relationship are based on friendship.

Friendships are like plants... If you dont care for them... they die

Thanks guys. Now i have a more challenging question to ask you all. How do i convince my brain to forget him sexually? I would love to stay friends i feel like this is ruining it and make it awkward all i really want is friendship but when i see him again my brain just goes into crush/jealous mode. The only thing that brings relief is talking with him, just about anything. but then when i see him again online all i want to do is talk with him, when i dont get to talk to him guess what happens? Depression huge psychic pain. =[

also to the person who said that i need to stop it when it begins i can tell you you are 100% right. I was aware of the sign that i was beginning to crush on him and i let those feelings develop, i need to learn how to stop it as soon as it starts.

if you stick your hand in fire and it hurts, what do you do?

just saying

Good point dfiant...

Hey Anonymous,

I'm sure everyone already answered your orig question, but I can totally relate to what your going through. I've been there before and I've come to realize in the end that I was just mistaking friendship for something more. I've had a few guy best friends who I absolutely fell for, they said all the right things. They were so nice to me and I wasn't used to that since all the previous experience I've had with befriending straight guys ended badly once they figured out I was gay.

So when I started to meet these straight guys who were okay with me being gay and just hanging out it was something new to me. I fell and I fell hard for some of them, and I guess you can still say I still have this problem, but I'm working on it.

I've learned to just differentiate between friendship and another kind of relationship. I've also learned to stop daydreaming and thinking about the what-if's and creating scenarios in my head of things that I know will never happen. I've also learned to just be happy that they're happy if they're dating someone.

With some though, I've had to distance myself from them. It's a bit bittersweet, but as much as I didn't want the friendship to end, in the end I knew it will eventually. They started dating people, and I'm happy for them [Really, I am.] And usually when friends [gay or straight] start dating someone, you see less of them. I still keep in contact with a few of my old-straight-guy-besties, but the connection isn't [and probably never will be] as strong as it was before.

I'm not sure if I helped at all, but just wanted to say that your not the only one who's ever been stuck in such a predicament. Good luck though, I'm sure you'll sort it all out eventually :]

In 1968, i met a straight guy on my firsr day at a new job. He was engaged to his high school sweetheart. i often felt guilty about my love for Tom but my horny desires were greater. I ignored his fiancee and he stopped talking about her. i wanted to lose my virginity to him. I eventually got up the nerve to hand him a Playboy. It had the desired effect. I watched him grow in his tight jeans and finally said "May I?" It worked . I lost my virginity.
Over the years we often got jealous of each other if we felt some other guy was getting too close. I never gave a shit about his heterosexuality or talked about it. he didn;t give a shit about my homosexuality. we never used the word gay. We always made orgasm the goal when we were together. We constantly played games to heighten our pleasure. For two guys who had never seen a picture of guys having sex. we were incredibly inventive.
We even turned jealousy into a game. When Tom hit on a girl at work, it would piss me off. I would walk by and drop a box of paper clips in his lap. I would attempt to pick them up with people watching. Oops I missed the paper clips. I made Tom's cock very hard. I would quietly ask him to stand up and show all the girls how hard another guy got him.
Our relationship was very strange. We never thought amd almost never spoke. Whatever came into our head came out our mouth without editing. we always knew what we were thinking. We were insanely close. Sometimes we couldn't tell each other while having orgasms. We seemed to always orgasm simultaneously.
We often split up because I felt guilty. Tom was very straight and he really liked kids. At one point I simply refused to talk to him for 2 years. In my head, I kept saying "Go away and get married. Idon;t want to ruin your life" Other times I accused him of ruining my life since we couldn't openly be gay.
Sometimes he literally saved my life. I survive to this day because I was with him. I also know I saved his life. Unfortunately I couldn't prevent the stroke that killed him.
He died 14 years ago and I am as madly in love with him today as I was on the day I met him.
We had enormous fights. We said we would kill each other. I had pain that made me feel like i should commit suicide but for some reason I survived. I now wait happily to die so i can get back with him in heaven. A long time ago, we shook hands and agreed what we wanted to do in heaven together. Guys, I can't wait!!! The only thing worth remembering in life are the people you truly love. Every thing else is masturbation and very forgettable. I remember Tom from the first time I saw his brown eyes to the day I closed his eyes and buried him. I had a great life. Thank you God. I am glad I met Tom.
Loving a straight guy worked for me. You can't tell in advance. I wasn't even sure living through it. But it worked fo me. I know that NOW.

brybry and gil thanks for your comments. Smile

Some people who commented here pretend it doesnt happen to them. Rolleyes

I guess I will continue seeing him, i hate to anyways cause of work but i will try and talk with him less. That way our friendship can survive and I may perhaps heal a bit first. I will also try and stop the daydreams and what ifs the moment they first pop inside my mind.

gilhooly, that was a nice story Smile Funny and touching. Smile

Anonymous,
how to prevent thinking about hims like that...

Try to be happy for him, wish him the relationship with his gf. Try not to take your relationship too seriously, try to make fun of your crush. In your head and aloud.
It would be pity to lose him

Anonymous Wrote:Thanks guys. Now i have a more challenging question to ask you all. How do i convince my brain to forget him sexually? I would love to stay friends i feel like this is ruining it and make it awkward all i really want is friendship but when i see him again my brain just goes into crush/jealous mode. The only thing that brings relief is talking with him, just about anything. but then when i see him again online all i want to do is talk with him, when i dont get to talk to him guess what happens? Depression huge psychic pain. =[

also to the person who said that i need to stop it when it begins i can tell you you are 100% right. I was aware of the sign that i was beginning to crush on him and i let those feelings develop, i need to learn how to stop it as soon as it starts.

Sounds like an addiction. You want to stop using the drug, but every time you do you end up running back and using again because it makes you feel better. Once you use your yearning for that drug is once again redoubled, so you try not using and find yourself wanting to use again.

It is a self feeding circle.

Granted this is a person, not a substance - so its going to be harder to distance yourself and not run to him to get your fix. But you need to stop getting your fix.

Time cures and heals - I'm afraid that the only way to to forget him is to put a lot of time between you and him.

An alternative is to find a new drug - a new man, one who will reciprocate and satisfy your needs - a gay man or a bisexual. However at this point if you did that you would be dealing with a rebound relationship so rushing off to get a new man may be far more disastrous than just being alone.

Again, get a therapist to work through the depression. Ignoring depression doesn't cause it to magically disappear.

Since this is your second go round with a straight man, you may need to seriously consider working with a therapist on why it is you are attracted to straight men. I can think of several potential reasons why straight men could be appealing - however I think that my listing them would confuse the issue even more at this time, thus I hope you will get a therapist who will help you to discover your reasons.