Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horror Movie Recommendations
warmpixels Wrote:I love horror flicks... just finished a marathon of The Thing (1982), Insidious, Scream 4 and The Happening. I loved the Rite and the Priest... and absolutely hated Sin City (too repetitive). Wouldn't it be great to discuss the horror genre here?

I'm more for the older films. Such as The Omen Trilogy, Alien, poltergeist, Carrie, Hellraiser & Evil Dead. If you want a film that grouses you out then you should try Lucker The Necrophagus. German film, story is a bit bland but has some of the most gruesome scenes I've seen. Might be a bit of s struggle to find legally as it's banned or not rated in a lot of countries. On a funnier note, there's an older film named Criminally Insane. It's about a fat chick who goes on a killing spree when she's denied food. :p
For more modern films I found Let Me In to be a great film.

Alien I for me was a terrifically effective thrill... I couldn't get off the arm of the armchair for fright when I saw it....

The Exorcist still creeps me out to this day! :eek:

Uh huh...well then, I guess I won't be seeing Hellraiser. I am very easily grossed out, and what you guys describe sounds ridiculous :d (well..besides people being put on meat hooks, like in Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

I loved The Fourth Kind. The movie was so creepy.
Paranormal Activity 1 and 2(Not many people love them but i do.)
Rec 1 and 2(Foreign and amazing)

Toppo Wrote:I'm more for the older films. Such as The Omen Trilogy, Alien, poltergeist, Carrie, Hellraiser & Evil Dead. If you want a film that grouses you out then you should try Lucker The Necrophagus. German film, story is a bit bland but has some of the most gruesome scenes I've seen. Might be a bit of s struggle to find legally as it's banned or not rated in a lot of countries. On a funnier note, there's an older film named Criminally Insane. It's about a fat chick who goes on a killing spree when she's denied food. :p
For more modern films I found Let Me In to be a great film.

I think the gross out factor is important... last night I watched the Book of Blood, and that freaked me out...

Have you guys seen the original Shutter... the Thai version? it's really much better.

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:a horror movie I've been told to NEVER EVER EVER watch is Hellraiser. Can someone tell me why?

if i ever learned anything from life... it will be never to listen to others and experience everything myself Big Grin lOl.... if i ever listened to my mom and friendz i would have never jumped 8 times from a plane

i watched all 8 movies and they are good really Big Grin totally recommend them

princealbertofb Wrote:I think some films aren't sold as horror films but they display such a human capacity to destroy and do evil, that, in some ways, they are worse than horror films.
Salo by Pasolini was such a film for me;
To a lesser extent, a gay themed film called A Love to Hide displays similar horror.

OMG.... finally someone who knows A Love To Hide....
that movie is brilliant... actually its the best french movie i ever saw...
it made me cry almost all the second half of the movie Sad:$

SleepTalker Wrote:I loved The Fourth Kind. The movie was so creepy.
Paranormal Activity 1 and 2(Not many people love them but i do.)
Rec 1 and 2(Foreign and amazing)

the fourth kind was really good and same goes for Rec 1 & 2
paranormal activity one was good and it reminded me of the blairwitch project....
but paranormal activity too was kinda boring for me

Xandor Wrote:I like the classics.

Halloween -- 1978
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre -- 1973
The Exorcist -- 1973
Friday the 13th -- 1980
Trick or Treat -- 1987
The Shining -- 1980

Out of all these, I only watched the Exorcist. Watched it for the first time when I was in still a young kid. I wasn't scared at the time probably because I didn't get it.

I watched Evil Dead when I was 9 years old. Holy hell. It was officially the scariest movie that I ever watched at the time.

The latest horror movie that I watched was The Crazies (2010). I must say, it was very good.

A lot of my friends recommended a British horror movie called The Descent (2005). I only watched partial of it and it was scary alright.