Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Chinese people carry money.
princealbertofb Wrote:Seeking, this is not long, it is a very shrewd and unteresting analysis. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this.
Of course, China has a great and very old culture, which it would be wrong to dismiss.

haha, I like quite much most of my traditional home culture. Especially the medicine, I think it's just brilliant! though there are some i don't like, mostly are troublesome rituals... :tongue:

Quote:Oh my gosh, yes I know this all too well!

My relatives in shanghai have been making us buy NZ milk powder for them for so long. Milk powder is actually heavily regulated at supermarkets....

Oh finally an HK people !! (at least born here..)
yes it's kinda scary how vigorous are most of the HK people hate mainland. but imo even if there aren't pressure from China, the tycoon in HK will sooner or later make HK become what you've described..money money money. Many small shops / stores are disappearing due to the big company taking over the properties by offering extremely high rents. so loads of traditional stores vanished.

The language issue is also a really big concern...many rich parents started to let their kids to learn English and mandarin but ignore Cantonese. I don't like the business environment in HK, but i do like how special it is in light of the language among mainland and Taiwan. HK is the only place using traditional chinese characters and local dialect (actually i consider Cantonese a language) as official and most common language.
Taiwan is using traditional character but speak Mandarin (sort of) while they also have their local dialects dying...
Mainland is using simplified characters and Mandarin, while hundreds of dialects are dying...

btw lilitu then is your mothertongue cantonese or english?