Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do Things Work Around Here?
Can anyone explain how things work around here? I know that they monitor our posts until we reach 50. But when I try to post replies --- sometimes they get posted immediately, sometimes it takes a while, sometimes they never get posted. I tried to start a new thread several days ago but it never showed up. O replied to the moderator's welcome message a couple days ago and asked these questions, but he didn't answer
Are. things totally random here, or is the site having glitches? I really like it here, the friendliest site I've found so far, but it's confusing...

To Illustrate my point - this thread appeared immediately and so probably wasn't monitored...

I experienced the same thing. It seemed completely random to me. Just go with the flow and hit that 50 mark my friend!

That's just a measure to prevent spam and troll and the likes,so go to word games section,post as much as you can and gain that 50 posts count,and you're good to go~ Xyxthumbs

yea you have to get 50 posts and then you're free !!

I remember it being random too. But it's probably a long list of keywords that flag a post for checking.

Yeah as above once you hit 50 you will be fine. Its to stop trolling and ensure it stays a friendly site. Frustrating but worth it.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:Yeah as above once you hit 50 you will be fine. Its to stop trolling and ensure it stays a friendly site. Frustrating but worth it.
Plus, honestly, 50 posts isn't that hard to tote up, is it? Play a few games, answer a few posts, write up a few queries or questions and you're away.

KingOfChaos Wrote:Can anyone explain how things work around here? I know that they monitor our posts until we reach 50. But when I try to post replies --- sometimes they get posted immediately, sometimes it takes a while, sometimes they never get posted. I tried to start a new thread several days ago but it never showed up. O replied to the moderator's welcome message a couple days ago and asked these questions, but he didn't answer
Are. things totally random here, or is the site having glitches? I really like it here, the friendliest site I've found so far, but it's confusing...

KOC, it could just be that Andy's set a special app for newcomers that filters the language used in the post. Therefore if there's nothing worth filtering, the post will come up immediately, if there are things that make the app quiver, then it may have to be personally moderated. I don't know that that is the case, but it is a likely way your posts are being dealt with. Ask Andy...

You have to bribe the mods. They accept cash only. :biggrin: