Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Often Do You Remember Your Dreams?
writerbree Wrote:Ohhh wow! Then you must experience what they call "lucid dreaming"
Yeah, this is the right name. :-)

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I can't answer your poll. We first have to identify what 'dream' means in this sense.

I have PTSD and recurring nightmares is one of the symptoms. Wake up screaming... or worse, just scream and never wake up.

Lately is nightly... That time for me. some months I go without a single nightmare, or for that matter and dreams I am aware of. Thus it varies.

Awww, I'm sorry! Sad That must be pretty rough. I don't have PTSD, but sometimes I do get dreams where I relive some traumatic events I've dealt with in life.

CellarDweller Wrote:I remembered last night's dream.....rather odd.

Haha, oh cool! Smile I have a rather busy night myself. I remembered 4 of mine lol

trialbyerror Wrote:I'm open to sharing examples of these experiences with you, provided that you honestly take them at face value and that I am simply telling the truth.
Oh wow, I'd love to talk to you more about it Smile

writerbree Wrote:That's interesting actually because I find that when I'm less stressed, I dream better. Also, I dream better when I can wake up on my own.
Maybe I'm too much crazy, but I use the 'quality' of my dreams to value the quality of my life. I feel deep and strong emotions, and when I start doing a kind of recurring nightmares I know I'm at the point which I need to change something. Big things, like change a job.

I had a long series of recurring dreams and nightmares in the past, today I'm ok, my dreams are still crazy but various and different. The only exception is probably a dream about the school, that I have since the Uni (so 9-10 years now...)
"I'm back in the high school cause they've invalidated my exams etc, in my class there are different people every time but in general they are a mixture of friends, old mate from the high school and Uni etc, and the teacher asks things to me, but I've not studied, cause I sell the books of my high school years ago, I don't even have the Uni books... XD
Another version of the same dream is 'I don't know which lesson there is today' so I don't have the material to do technical drawings etc."

I remember many of my dreams on a weekly basis, some mornings I can't remember them but I'm left with vague impressions and feelings that can linger for most of the day.
I'm currently experiencing recurring dreams at the moment, usually just after I've gone to sleep, where I'm standing somewhere in my home in the dark, desperately trying to turn the light switch on and they don't work, which really frustrates me! Then I wake up and can't get back to sleep.

I also experience sleep paralysis/waking dreams too, at least several times a year. This is not a pleasant experience for me.

sillyboy86 Wrote:Maybe I'm too much crazy, but I use the 'quality' of my dreams to value the quality of my life. I feel deep and strong emotions, and when I start doing a kind of recurring nightmares I know I'm at the point which I need to change something. Big things, like change a job.

I had a long series of recurring dreams and nightmares in the past, today I'm ok, my dreams are still crazy but various and different. The only exception is probably a dream about the school, that I have since the Uni (so 9-10 years now...)
"I'm back in the high school cause they've invalidated my exams etc, in my class there are different people every time but in general they are a mixture of friends, old mate from the high school and Uni etc, and the teacher asks things to me, but I've not studied, cause I sell the books of my high school years ago, I don't even have the Uni books... XD
Another version of the same dream is 'I don't know which lesson there is today' so I don't have the material to do technical drawings etc."
That's very interesting! Personally, I tend to dream A LOT about my high school. It wasn't the easiest time, so a lot of my dreams are either flash backs or me there, but only difference is I'm out instead of in the closet like I was.
A lot of times I'll dreams where it's like the first day of the school year and I'm confused by my schedule or get lost, so I know what you mean there.

Bookworm Wrote:I remember many of my dreams on a weekly basis, some mornings I can't remember them but I'm left with vague impressions and feelings that can linger for most of the day.
I'm currently experiencing recurring dreams at the moment, usually just after I've gone to sleep, where I'm standing somewhere in my home in the dark, desperately trying to turn the light switch on and they don't work, which really frustrates me! Then I wake up and can't get back to sleep.

I also experience sleep paralysis/waking dreams too, at least several times a year. This is not a pleasant experience for me.
Yeah, I get those vague impressions too. And those can be really fun too because sometimes, if I'm lucky, a name or a place or something along those lines will trigger me to remember the dream in more detail.
And oh my, sleep paralysis sounds scary Sad

What was really weird is many years ago I used to have dreams where I was "tested" by some alien intelligence(s) who'd put me into all sorts of weird scenerios just to see how I'd react. I could share many dreams from this as they went on for years.

Oddly enough I used to have "evil twin" dreams (someone evil generally trying to kill and replace me, though I could sometimes change perspectives, and once a variant was me as both Shego AND Kim Possible fighting while I was both characters with hostility for the other AT THE SAME TIME) as well throughout this time, both stopped at about the same time. I used to have a lot of dreams about dragons back then, too, but they also stopped about the same time. My GUESS is that I was still trying to figure life out and determine what my own personal philosophy (including ethics) should be as well as working out a few personal issues. But who knows, maybe I had been selected by for some strange study by entities from another universe.

Had a scary one that was backed by a weird email from someone I never heard of before right after (that is as soon as I got online after waking up) that freaked me out at the time.

And I also had a bizarre one where I felt (upon waking up) that I'd slipped into "someone else's dream scape" and when I got mad enough to evoke some of my more lucid elements I "broke the program" because it wasn't able to incorporate my reality, I was able to understand it far more than "it" could understand me. That is it felt upon awakening as if I'd somehow wandered into a "hologram suite" on a psychic ocean that others normally went to but I normally did not and when I used options designed for my own "holograms" then this strange one, unable to account for it, "froze." It literally froze, everyone and everything was still as I went around waving my hands in front of their faces until I realized I was dreaming and woke myself up.

I could share more on this if you're interested but...it would be a lot to read unless your question is very specific.

It depends. I rather don't remember my dreams but if I sleep for short period of time, I remember all things clearly. Last time in dream I was coughing, in moment ago I had small part of lung covered with blood on my hand. Yhh disgusting.