Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I help my best friend?
I have to agree with the above posters who recommend your friend wait till she is independent before coming out. Graduate high school, get a job and/or go to school, and find a place to live detached from your family and any influence they may have. The only time I would recommend a person come out while still living with their parents or guardian is if they feel it is safe based on an honest appraisal of their parents and friends. An honest appraisal must be don't without the assumption that they will be either hostile or accepting. There are many coming out stories where someone assumed one or the other and the results where otherwise.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Based on my experiences one should stay in the closet until one is and adult, financially secure and not dependent upon the parents.

Case in point, my brother came out when he was 16, my mother kicked him out and he ended up on the streets of L.A. selling his body to eat, then started doing drugs, then got hiv which quickly became AIDS, lost his eyes and died. All because he came out of the closet so early.

In my 20's I worked with street kids (teens who either ran away or were kicked out) a fairly large number of those had been kicked out because they were gay.

So my experiences tell me that the best thing to do is sit and wait.

im sorry your brother was maltreated and died this way

may he rest in peace

I'm learning so much. Thanks for sharing

pridepancakes21 Wrote:I told her that I would always be with her no matter what happens.

That's all you can do. You're a great friend to have. Bighug

Hello,
I think the best thing to do is guide her on the direction she is wanting to do but allow her her own time whewn to come out. Assure her that your there as a friend to help but dont force this upon

Kindest regards

zeon x