Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I deal with being away from the place that made me who I am?
I miss Minnesota so much. I love all of America (including Arkansas) but Minnesota just has that magical feeling to me that no other place has. So how do I cope? Do I try to simulate Minnesota living here in Arkansas? What else could I do?

BTW, when I say America, I'm not trying to exclude anyone. We call the rest of the countries in North and South America the "Americas". It's just a difference in dialect Smile

Live in France. Sheep

Ekwarph Wrote:Live in France. Sheep

lol France is cool but it's even more different from Minnesota

In fact I was just joking/trolling and was going to make a serious answer Wink

See Arkansas in a different way and try to appreciate it for different things. It will make your life much more interesting if you try to open your mind and see what's great with those two lands.
Nothing prevents you from coming back to Minnesota after Wink

Ekwarph Wrote:In fact I was just joking/trolling and was going to make a serious answer Wink

See Arkansas in a different way and try to appreciate it for different things. It will make your life much more interesting if you try to open your mind and see what's great with those two lands.
Nothing prevents you from coming back to Minnesota after Wink

I love Arkansas but there is no place like home.

I see Arkansas as more of a great place to take a vacation... Not home.

What's holding you from going back to Minnesota?

Edward Wrote:What's holding you from going back to Minnesota?

I'm in college.

you can always get a part time job save some money and travel whenever you can to Minessota, when you get breaks from college.

Aside from that focus on finishing your career and then you can move back up there

if it gets too hard, you can study the possibility to transfer to a Minnesota college that offers your same major.

You can continue some customs that are native to your state if there are any, follow sports teams from your state, if there are any famous recipes from your state you can continue those. You can hang the flag from your state in your home or outside the home (don't know if your states have flags, they do here). There must be some memories of your home that are not related to your state, but that you think of when you are reminiscing. A simple example is that perhaps you enjoyed a certain park native to your home -- so perhaps you will take a walk through and enjoy a park native to where you live now.

You can do all sorts of things to adapt to your new home while thinking of your first one. I'm sure you will come to be comfortable with where you live now and your changing identity, while retaining your old identity as well, especially as more time passes.

Arkansota Wrote:I love Arkansas but there is no place like home.

Click your heels 3 times sweetie