Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I say goodbye to my loved ones before I commit suicide?
I have also thought about suicide over the years and have never actually done anything about it because my life is really never that bad. You can always deal with things and make them better. Also in all honesty committing suicide is just the pussy way out and a selfish thing to do. Yet I guess other people's opinions wouldn't really mean anything once you are dead anyway. Yet if you were about to do it you wouldn't be on here asking for advice on how to tell your family goodbye. Just leave a note or a time delyaed email.

I am sure you can find a way to cope with everything that is bad in your life, don't take the easy way out man, stick it out. If you need someone to talk to I am here and more than willing to be a friend if needed. Yet don't act like a victim because in all honesty that is just pathetic

Personally, after reading your offensive words Jason74, I would not recommend the original poster talk to you if they are seeking an understanding friend. As in this instance you clearly seem incapable of stepping into their world of feelings and imagining the experience of their situation. So unless you can do that, or unless you yourself have been in such a bad way that suicide seems the only option, then do not judge a person as a pathetic pussy. Sometimes people's experience of this life is too much to bear and no one has the right to judge them for their response to their experience.

And Fenris you too seem to offer a degree of a lack understanding. People who are depressed ARE selfish: but not INTENTIONALLY! Is it not obvious that a depressed person is not in their "right mind"?? If they were able to think in a healthy way (i.e think of others) they would not be depressed in the first place.

Depressed people are so overwhelmed and damaged by their experience that they have gone beyond the point that they can think of others...they cannot of even think of themselvees in a positive way so how can you expect them to think of others in a positive way?

And your comparison of a depressed person to a sick/disabled person is redudant. Depression is not just a feeling... depression is a State Of Being. It IS a sickness and it is disabling and it can age you. Whatsmore, people draw their own experiences from what they go through in life - pain is NOT measurable or comparable to others and it is NOT healthy to compare to others - we all have our own experiences and analyse and respond to things in our own way. We must recognise, understand, embrace and release our problems rather than beat ourselves up about the fact we have problems.

Your practical suggestions are supportive but your post could have done without the destructive words of how selfish you think this person is. That is kicking someone when they are down.

As someone who has an attempted suicide, plus has dealt with a friend who attempted recently, it is not worth it. Take a step back, and think. There is always some way that things work out. The designs for our own lives, we do not know, but we are put through the ringer in various ways in life, and it is up to us in how we deal with them.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - With Help Comes Hope

Please take a look at this link. This is the same link I sent to a friend that as recently attempted. You have help and support all around you, and I will bet anything when you write that note saying goodbye to friends and family, you will see people rush to your side. There is not one person on this planet that would want to see anyone who is thinking suicide that would be happy about it. Suicide is a hard thing for a lot of people all around.

I strongly urge you to just take a step back, and think about things.

rsconceptions Wrote:Personally, after reading your offensive words Jason74, I would not recommend the original poster talk to you if they are seeking an understanding friend. As in this instance you clearly seem incapable of stepping into their world of feelings and imagining the experience of their situation. So unless you can do that, or unless you yourself have been in such a bad way that suicide seems the only option, then do not judge a person as a pathetic pussy. Sometimes people's experience of this life is too much to bear and no one has the right to judge them for their response to their experience.

And Fenris you too seem to offer a degree of a lack understanding. People who are depressed ARE selfish: but not INTENTIONALLY! Is it not obvious that a depressed person is not in their "right mind"?? If they were able to think in a healthy way (i.e think of others) they would not be depressed in the first place.

Depressed people are so overwhelmed and damaged by their experience that they have gone beyond the point that they can think of others...they cannot of even think of themselvees in a positive way so how can you expect them to think of others in a positive way?

And your comparison of a depressed person to a sick/disabled person is redudant. Depression is not just a feeling... depression is a State Of Being. It IS a sickness and it is disabling and it can age you. Whatsmore, people draw their own experiences from what they go through in life - pain is NOT measurable or comparable to others and it is NOT healthy to compare to others - we all have our own experiences and analyse and respond to things in our own way. We must recognise, understand, embrace and release our problems rather than beat ourselves up about the fact we have problems.

Your practical suggestions are supportive but your post could have done without the destructive words of how selfish you think this person is. That is kicking someone when they are down.

Normally I don´t want to write this ... but Ok ... we will see what happens. I know how selfish depressed people are, I really do because i was is for more then 2 years in the beginning of my own sickness ... and a way to break this selfishness is to show them that there are people with much more or other problems ... to wake them up and bring them back to thinking about their situation. But normally you don´t say ... here... its a trick to wake you up .. so please be so stupid and do what I want. Depressed people are mostly unable to feel problems other people have,... and show them this ... and maybe get them on a way to help others is a good way to help them. They see in this cases very clearly that they are needed. But you must see to get him on a point where you have a direct way to him... not through a open forum.
And if this doesn´t work you should see to get them very angry... to break the depression in a other way.
And as you see : I have showed different solutions... and many depressed people are unable to see the easiest solution...
As next I have offered my own help .... or the possibility to finish me off by message .. in both possibilities I am able to react.... to see what he really thinks....and let him talk or write .... he can think that I´m the biggest asshole under mother earth ... but we are able to talk....
Maybe you can see now that I NEVER give a advice without thinking about before....

by comparing this both postings of mine with my others it should be really clearly that this both here have a complete other sense

I used to be suicidal but I could never go through with it because I knew it would kill my family. When my mom passed away last year, it hit me for the first time how absolutely devastating it is to lose someone you love. For that reason alone I would never do it. There is a reason you are still here, and if you can't see that yet then at the very least know it is because people love you.

I can so sympathize with the lack of sleep. I went through two years of only getting 5 hours sleep/night max, and that was with constant interruptions. I have never been so exhausted in my life and I know firsthand how that affects the thought process. I understand your exhaustion, but you can't give up. You need to seek a different doctor if the one you have isn't getting anywhere with treatment. Maybe that's overwhelming right now, but can you ask someone to help you, a family member or a good friend?

And I hate that your bf is being emotionally abusive. When you're depressed and constantly tired, it's hard to stand up for yourself, you just want to sleep. But you need to get out of that situation, even if you have to ask family for help.

I hope you feel better soon. Please hang in there.

rsconceptions Wrote:Your practical suggestions are supportive but your post could have done without the destructive words of how selfish you think this person is. That is kicking someone when they are down.

Indeed. I know someone like that. Every time I speak with them I become very introverted and introspective for a few hours afterwards as I try to rid myself of the destructive quality of what they said. I do realise they are trying to be supportive, but it doesn't really help given the way they express themselves.

in my family done that.it was very very sad it is sad if you do it.its it best if you not do it. it is best if youget help about not being sad becase one day you can get happy agian and good boyfrind like marshalder did.;

If you had simply even bothered you to ask me first, how I mean something, I could have explained to you why I have chosen just this way. The meaning is simply to offer an attack surface for setting up aggressions .... but unfortunately you have destroyed the entire sense of this kind of a posting by chosing your way of openly criticize me.

Like you know the original poster is anonymous... so we have no chance to reach him... only if he wants to contact one of us. And with "poor boy" and "please don´t do it" you can´t force a reaction.... by saying things like this you unfortunately strenghten his intention, because you confirm his bad situation by the back door.

And that this kind of a posting does his work is simply showen by people ( unfortunately the wrong people ) who react against me and feeling like kicked by me.... and mean with their criticism of me to show me that I´m unsensitive... but you stick since a long time on my fly trap.... but the original poster which I want to reach with this kind of posting will never react on me again...

joseph Wrote:in my family done that.it was very very sad it is sad if you do it.its it best if you not do it. it is best if youget help about not being sad becase one day you can get happy agian and good boyfrind like marshalder did.;

I agree with you joseph .... the best way is don´t do it, because no one knows how he feels in a few days .... the best thing it to get help by friends and family or maybe a hospital or a psychologist

I am not convinced there is a proper method to give advice because we are all complex and respond to different stimuli.

I used to take depression meds and I had a horrible case of self pity...depression and self pity make great bedfellows and feed off of each other...and alot of very well meaning people tried to give me love and support but it was this one dear friend of mine who long ago died of AIDS who came to my rescue...he was blunt and rude and kicked my proverbial ass...and he woke me up. I have always been grateful to him for being brave enough to say what he said to me.