Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I say goodbye to my loved ones before I commit suicide?
Taking a tough stance or the confrontational approach has its place, that place is in a face to face situation between client and counsellor where it can be handled by the professional, and where the professional knows the client well enough to decide if this approach would be of benefit. Few of the counsellors I know work in this way though as there are other methods which yield far better results.

I agree with eastofeden in that we are complex beings and each respond to different stimuli - although there are many constants among those variables.

Anyway, this is just my opinion for what its worth, based on my experience and training :-)

that place is in a face to face situation between client and counsellor where it can be handled by the professional, and where the professional knows the client well enough to decide if this approach would be of benefit.

I agree with this juk...I do think face to face and understanding the dynamics of the indivdual is imperative with the confrontational approach...thanks to my friend I got a therapist who helped me get through pretty much everything and she did it far more gently but it was my fearless friend who got me to her doorstep.

@rsconceptions

I have been in his shoes and I am expressing how I feel about people that are thinking about committing suicide and to be honest I could care less what you have to say about it. You can lie and act like his is not being a coward by thinking about it or actually doing it but he is. What about all hos friends and family members that he thinks don't exist because he is a dark place right now, they are there he just needs to reach out and ask them for help.

I have had so many dark days in my past where I have thought about doing the same thing but I never did because I knew that there was a way out, also I had some people that were upfront with me and told me how they felt which totally changed my feelings. So don't preach your bullshit to me conceptions cause i don't care. I know that you are a pussy if you do act on it and go out the easy way, if he doesn't like what I have to say then he doesn't have to respond to me and if that is pissing him the hell off then he is angry at me and is getting those feelings away from ending his life. I am not trying to do reverse pyschology or anything like that, I am just gonna say how I view it and how I feel about it.

You can be the passive friend and try and sugarcoat it and what not but he won't realize what he is leaving behind if he acts on it. Hell his whole posting might be a sham because he just wants attention and this is the only way that he can get it. Life is hard but not as hard as we always think it is, we can always make it out of things and we just need to suck up that pride and fear and ask for help from family and other people. Yet that is just my OPINION, hate me or what not I really don't care, I am gonna express what I feel no matter what. Thanks

oh man i wish i could hug you and make it better, been there and still trying to cope. i know depression can make you feel like shit all the time but you are a valued person in this world and would love to be a friend or someone to talk to, maybe you never know we may even be able to help each other. i plead to you to keep strong and get rid of that bf he is not worthy of you, keep strong i hope to hear from you xx scotty in australia we do care

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You have a BOYFRIEND?

I dont understand this. How can you have a boyfriend yet still have all these problems. TRY BEING ALONE! There are single guys, like me out there, who have made the decision to get out of an abusive relationship.

I just was reading whoopi goldbergs new book.. and in one chapter shes like.. just make the decision to leave.

Maybe this post was a good thing! If you ever wanna talk to me i'm happy to meet up or you can come visit sf.. like i have anything better to do with my time Smile

I was in an abusive relationship and i had to completely move location. Just do it. Quit being scared. This is the only life you have, is this really how u want it to go???

I'm alone and i have so much anxiety.. but i at least have moments when i can feel good about myself, and in those rare moments of joy and happiness, it feels very real Smile i'm a better person today from my hardships.

If your bf is emotionally abusive then he obviously wants you to have anxiety and feel like shit. i'm sorry hun if this came off as mean. lemme know if you ever wanna get away .. u could get a hotel in the city or something.

mooninleo Wrote:Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You have a BOYFRIEND?

I dont understand this. How can you have a boyfriend yet still have all these problems. TRY BEING ALONE! There are single guys, like me out there, who have made the decision to get out of an abusive relationship.

Just keep in mind that the cause of an individuals problems doesnt matter, what does matter is the effect it has on that person. I have counselled many people and some of them had been through really tough times and where suffering less than some of the people who had smaller difficulties. Confusedmile: