Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you deal with attention?
Darius Wrote:I think I am pretty friendly and outgoing, by nature, but one thing that turns me off is someone who is aggressive with me. I'm not that way with others and I expect the same in return. The most comfortable friendships/relationships have come from a natural, easy going interaction from the beginning. That happens often, I find, except with people who have ulterior motives or who are looking for something more than just getting to know me for starters. Going slow is best, imo.
Whaaaaat? [MENTION=21957]Darius[/MENTION]
You basically tried to sodomize me with your spacebar the day we met here !

I dunno Darius..
I guess there is a bit of a conflict between what you mean to project and what you are actually projecting ..

Or It's just probably all in my twisted little head...

I'm more of an introvert hence I don't like to be in the spotlight (most of the time). However, there are odd occasions when I might like it.

How I coped in previous jobs when I had to face quite literally hundreds of people sometimes in confrontational situations, I have no idea. I never seek attention and am far more comfortable in the company of a very reduced number of friends.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I guess that, for the most part, I ignore it?

It's not that I don't appreciate it. I really do, yeah? It's just that I don't really know how to respond to it, and by ignoring it, that makes it easier to not become awkward in the face of it.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:I guess that, for the most part, I ignore it?

It's not that I don't appreciate it. I really do, yeah? It's just that I don't really know how to respond to it, and by ignoring it, that makes it easier to not become awkward in the face of it.

I think for you, love, it depends on what kind of attention it is, who it is coming from, and what your mood is in the moment.

Compliments though? Those you tend to ignore or do that really cute uncomfortable/awkward grin and try to change the subject.

Me? I'm an attention whore *Chuckles* I got no problem being in the spotlight

I prefer to be invisible. Or only noticed by very few people. I can't handle that much attention, I get anxious.

I always like attention from the man I love...

I have mixed feelings about everything else.

lurker2015 Wrote:An attention whore or someone who likes being in the background?
That depends. I hate to be the center of all attention, which is why I'll never be a singer or a musician, for instance, but I like my partners to surround me with all of the attention they can.
Arch Linux, Core i7 4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3 RAM
home is where root is.

I got flirted with for the first time in eons this past weekend. It was cool but also weird, especially since it wasn't like I was going to act on it.

I hate attention and try to avoid it at all costs... but it always manages to creep up on me.