Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you get back in the dating game after being out for 3 years :/
Just got out of a 3 year relationship. Well a few months ago. And the part i am looking forward to the least. Is the dating thing again. There is so much work into dating. People always over think it. They have all these rules. Like dont let them know the real you until the 3rd date. Dont call right away. You need impress them. Why cant it be. "Hey. this is who i am and i hope you like it" and then if you click then you do it again. Its just so much work. Blah. Maybe this feeling means im not ready for it yet :/

Why can't you just say "this is who I am and I hope you like it."? I would really like that about someone, it would make me feel like they are sincere and interested.

Im not saying you cant. But just so many people are put off by that. I tend to not be afraid to tell people of my faults. And people tell me thats not smart if i want to meet someone. My best friend is always saying how i should act when a guy approaches me or how i should act on a date or what i should wear. I dont remember it being so complicated

Question is are you over your last relationship? 3 years is a long time,.

If so, then just go out there and forget about the rules...you can damn well be yourself and if some people don't like it, move on, eventually someone will appreciater everything about you.

Being sincere will get you more than awkward rules, I bet

If not, take a time for yourself, and then resume the dating

Your right. Now its just how do you find them with out going to places that they are only looking for hook ups.

mmm, in that respect I cannot help you..I lack the proper experience in dating

I've heard guys here say quite often that it's a risk you have to take,

you'll have to go through the amount of horn dogs before you can find someone genuinely interested in a relationship..

maybe think of activities you like that not necessarily scream "SEEEEEX"....

For me it would have to be going to bookstores..I have sometimes engaged in conversations that way

True. Its just hard to put yourself out there in places not meant to meet gay people. Since i live in a very conservative state.

Right...sorry, didn't realize you lived in Texas (don't know all cities and towns there)

there's a member from Dallas here, Mr. Tinkles, maybe he can help you find LGBT friendly places..

looking in the internet I can see that Austin, Fort Worth, Dallas and Houston, are LGTB friendly..to what extent I don't know (I live far far in the southern hemisphere)

also I don't know how feasible is for you to go to any such place, I know Texas is a big state

Im in the Dallas Area. Austin has a bigger community. But still. But if you are not in the middle of it. The outer parts are more nonaccepting

Well, I don't know your situation, or if your job would allow you to move further downtown..of if ot's close enough for you to travel to

but maybe you can try and take a day to go arround Dallas proper and see?