Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many GS users have found ...
LOVE or FRIENDS here? Presuming you were single when you joined, did you find the love of your life through GS? Did you find a true friend or has it been limited to being pen friends? Tell us your story of how GS has been effective or not.

I've made friends here, I admit most are confined as friends here, and are not actually part of my life in other capacities.

I have made one real life friend here, whom I love.
I've visited him a few times as he lives quite a distance away.
I'm not sure if that would fall under "love" or "friends" though, as we're not in a relationship, but I very much love him.

I met my boyfriend in chat on this site. Smile

It hurts that so many times I heard or was told that pen friends were not true friends.

Found some friends! Don't think I'm the type who could ever fall in love with someone I haven't met face-to-face though! ^_^

Yeah I'm the same Solemnboy, unless there is face-to-face time and a well established friendship, a relationship is out of the Q

BUT I have made some awesome friends that are too far away and wish were closer.

Nick9 Wrote:It hurts that so many times I heard or was told that pen friends were not true friends.

I had quiet a few penfriends back in the day from all over the world and I am going back to the mid 1980's. Some of them I have reconnected with on Facebook and continued the friendship. They are definately character building friendships, so I would hate the be the type of person who says ' Penfriends are not real friends' because quiet clearly they are idiots.

So, has anyone ever found someone here that has developed in to face to face encounter?

LONDONER Wrote:So, has anyone ever found someone here that has developed in to face to face encounter?
Geez, don't bother reading my post or anything. Am on ignore or something?

Like I said, I met my boyfriend on this site. We met in the chat room and found we had a lot in common. During the week we have over 100 miles of distance between us, but on the weekends one of us travels to the other. We are going to move in together in June so no more missing each other during the week.

Never met anyone from here face-to-face. I mean, I could probably consider it under paranoid precautions but I live far away from most people so I don't think it'll ever come up really :3