Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much have/will you drink today?
I agree with the lot above. Ear infections are not something I'd like to relive ever again, thank you very much.

Alcohol. Spent 28 years without it, except the odd glass of something here and there. Right around the start of this month it suddenly became necessary.

Almost done with the vodka, although I won't touch what's left until xmas day (i.e. when I'll be really really needing it)
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

my drinking days are behind me.

a bottle of Champagne with a friend/partner is the only alcohol i'm interested in drinking.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

LONDONER Wrote:Oh what a sober lot we are on GS! So far no one has confessed to going over the limit.

Well...I was a bartender for several years, and I did drink to excess often enough, but once I started wearing fyntinal patches drinking went out the window. The alcohol has a much stronger effect on me now than it did when I was younger and blacking-out doesn't have much appeal for me...
~Beaux

I have changed my lifestyle a hell of a lot in recent years and so the hell raising is happily behind me now, just finished my shifts early for Christmas and were off to a concert tonight to see some older rock bands - im going to have a few drinks with good friends but nothing excessive, more looking forward to my MacDonald's treat afterwards tbh

LONDONER Wrote:According to UK stadistics people in the UK will consume more alcohol today Friday he 18th, than any other day of the year, why I don'tknow but alcohol consumption has far reaching effects as many people will find themselves at the end of the day in the A&E department of their local hospital not just because of falls, broken bones, accidents involving motor vehicles but alhohol poisoning also, all putting tremendous strain on the NHS.

For the record, I'm not a teetotaler but I haven't had any alcohol for weeks.

Could it be office Christmas parties and the like?

At least this year that's the Friday before Christmas week, probably very little work is going to get done (unless you're in retail, and maybe in that case you REALLY need a drink after to relax after you get off...or even to start), so it's the perfect time, and I'd think they wouldn't want to make the Christmas office (business, government, university, whatever) party too close to when you're spending it with family.

Just a guess.

ETA: no drinking for me. (But maybe if I worked in your typical office I would be...Wink )

[MENTION=12402]Miles[/MENTION], apart from "From each according to his ability and to each according to his need," what is a Cuban Screw?
I bid NO Trump!

I don't drink during the week but most of the time I have a couple at the weekends. Some weekends, I will have more. Take this evening for example, the spiced rum went down very well Smile

had a lovely night with a few friends watching bands in concert - had a few drinks that have way more effect on me than they would have a few years ago , we smiled and laughed all evening ...best night I have had in a long time

I drink a rather large glass of cabernet sauvignon nearly every night before bed since it helps me to fall asleep, but if I'm really tired I'll skip it. I need to cut back though since it really is just empty calories.

thanks to this post... i want alcohol now.