Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How should you refer to your partner?
larafan25 Wrote:You'll find "Ma Bish" works in most settings.
The next time we go out on a fancy date...
I'll introduce him as such..

I like the term "partner"...however...my last two partners used the term "Daddy" when referring to me ...lol...whatever!!!!...(blushing...haha)

My man, my husbear, my boyfriend, my darling, my partner. I use those Big Grin

'my guy', 'my lover' ( [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION], i don't think it's outdated, but i also don't think it should be used too easily/often lest the term loses its meaning); 'my partner' also works for me.

i personally don't like 'boyfriend'. it's what you call him when you're in high school....might not be the case for everyone but when i was growing up everybody referred to the guy they were seeing as 'boyfriend' and most of those ''relationships'' were superficial temporary things not the real thing, and that word cheapens it for me. so, that's one way i do NOT use to refer to my partner.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

East Wrote:One thing now I have heard...they assume you have a husband...and a "lover" on the side LOL..which now that I think about it.....makes a statement about them...like WHY would they assume your husband isn't your lover anyway?

i didn't even think of it till you brought it up like that. that is definitely not how i see the term 'my lover'. 'my lover' is the guy i love, with whom i'm in a love relationship. that's the significance of the word -- it implies 'love'.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

"Significant other" wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so many syllables.