Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to meet people - friends or otherwise?
Well, after browsing forums for 5 minutes, I wasn't really sure where to post this lol. This seemed as good a place as any.

I've been bored out of my mind. I've decided that I want to start going out more, meeting people, etc. Problem is... I don't know where to start haha. I'm not sure how to find out if there are any gay-friendly places in my city, or in the area. I'm sure I could start making friends if I went to the right places, but... not sure what those places are. Any tips?

Try to google your city and the word 'gay'

dfiant Wrote:Try to google your city and the word 'gay'

Lol.

Duh.

Well... did that, saw a couple places, which are apparently the only ones within 30-50 miles of my city lol. Reviews were pretty bad though.. oh wellz.

Have you tried going a small distance from your area? You may have better luck.

Lol well personally, I wouldn't go out to 'gay' places, trying to meet gay guys, and doing gay things... I suppose it depends on if you're being coy when you say you want to "meet new friends" :tongue: it's kinda easy to read that euphamistically.

Just get out there Tongue take up a hobby, martial arts, poker, anything. New jobs are good ways to meet people, you meet one person and if you do well it all branches out.

It aint easy though and takes time. Just chat online as well Smile there's things like Grindr (be wary of guys on there) and Scruff if you're honestly just looking for fun.

Sil Wrote:Lol well personally, I wouldn't go out to 'gay' places, trying to meet gay guys, and doing gay things... I suppose it depends on if you're being coy when you say you want to "meet new friends" :tongue: it's kinda easy to read that euphamistically.

Just get out there Tongue take up a hobby, martial arts, poker, anything. New jobs are good ways to meet people, you meet one person and if you do well it all branches out.

It aint easy though and takes time. Just chat online as well Smile there's things like Grindr (be wary of guys on there) and Scruff if you're honestly just looking for fun.

Nah, I really do want to make friends.

I actually have a fair amount of friends, pretty much all straight. They don't mind that I'm gay... but sometimes, I just feel like... I don't know, going out and really being ME, you know? I'd like to have some gay friends to hang out with, talk to, etc.

metalstorm830 Wrote:Nah, I really do want to make friends.

I actually have a fair amount of friends, pretty much all straight. They don't mind that I'm gay... but sometimes, I just feel like... I don't know, going out and really being ME, you know? I'd like to have some gay friends to hang out with, talk to, etc.

Yeah I hear ya, it's not so great when you can't talk to mates about crushes and lovelife stuff; when I came out to straight mates they were pretty cool with it, but full on discussion would be a real room killer. It doesn't bother me because they're still friends, and they'll care about you Smile and any issue if it affects you.

On the other hand, the gay scene in clubs and such can be jealous, gossipy, and a little intimidating. It's not something I'd walk into without good company; don't get me wrong it can be a blast, just saying.

Only thing I can think of is to maybe see online and arrange a half-date with someone local ^_^ (just an idea) making it very clear you're not after action, just mates and chat. Just a thought anyway!