Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to survive the absence of my love?
Plan a trip and go see him. Then you have something to look forward to.

I had a companion for 16 years and we were often separated by 10,000 miles-he was in Cape Town, I was in Chicago. He was a captain for an airline flew in and out of places with reportedly very attractive men but they were of no interest to him. First, seven months is relatively short but it does seem he's put a lot on the line for you. Of course you miss him, that's to be expected, but then I read you were in France and he was in Italy. It's entirely possible, given the excellence of European trains for the two of you to spend an occasional weekend together. Also, consider that while he's doing this for himself, it ultimately benefits both of you. You correctly encouraged him to go but are now complaining about your loneliness. He wouldn't call as often as you report if he weren't lonely as well. Rather than constantly telling him how you miss him, how you count the days until he's home, how lonely you are, try telling him what a great thing he's doing. You want to hear all about it, glad he went etc. Be positive. 50 years ago when I was involved long distance, you were lucky if you could get a call through and that could take three days.