Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to teach British people to speak English 2
The original thread said:
All of us that have been to the UK, know that British people dont speak like the queen. They speak more like a cow that is being tortured. Here's Stewie's school in English.

I say:
Totally disagree with that. Britain and The United Kingdom has more than 1500 dialects all distinct to each other. They do not all speak the Queens English true but all have their own beauty. My favourite is the dialects of the Northeast as in the books and Television series of Catherine Cookson. "Cheeky Lil bugger got 'erself a bairn" Love it! Love it! Love it! What are some of your favourites and do you know a line of dialect from it?

good choice me bonny lad,us geordies are the best!

im from yorkshire - they say us and geordies are the hardest to understand when you go abroad !! not sure about that but u never know...

when I went to the US they kept asking which country I was from:eek: the cheeky buggers.

I wonder how Cheryl Cole gets on over there in the xfactor.

Matty,

What about folk from Glasgae?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

haha.. we get that a lot

im half scotch so i talk like that with relatives or when ive had a beer lol

Me no have accent.:tongue:

Though i guess i do...as in all prononciation technically has an accent to some degree.
So i'd class mine as.....weird.:tongue:
I get my accent from my mum. Who is a Londoner. But NOT cockney. And it has been know for Londoners to sometimes ask where she's from!:eek:
My dad IS a cockney(Well, his accent isn't that strong. Not as strong as my neighbours), but i don't have any of his accent.

I can't be thankfull enough for the fact i avoided aquiring the "New london" accent that 80% of the people my age seem too speak with in my area. It sounds...terrible in my opinion.:redface:

My next door neighbours are cockney.
I can say, its a very loud accent to be honest. But they're nice people(My neighbours i mean).Confusedmile:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Attraction wise...Yeah i'm a sucker for certain accents...:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

an Irish accent can be sexy but even in ireland they have a few different ones,some don't do it for me but those that do......oh