Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British petition
I understand there is a petition circulating in Britain to encourage the government to rescind Donald Trump's invitation to visit Great Britain and that the petition contends that it would be an embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen to host Trump at a state dinner.

I encourage our UK list members to sign the petition in protest of Mr. Trump's most recent actions. This man has taken actions to deny the entry of refugees to the USA which are not only unconstitutional but simply wrong.
I bid NO Trump!

Why is it wrong?

deephiance Wrote:Why is it wrong?

Because refugees are not animals, they have every right to live peacefully. Just like he forbids them from entering the USA, he should be denied his visit to the UK.

Yep and the idea that all Muslims are terrorists is absurd. Or that banning travel from a few countries is going to keep a terrorist from coming in.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I personally disagree, Donald Trump is the president of the U.S. chosen by the will of the American people. We have to respect that office even if the Americans themselves apparently don't.
Besides we might be able to influence him a little.

Who made the refugee's want to leave their countries?

Rather than create refugee's shouldn't you be protesting the reason they become refugee's?

I hate politics with a passion and I never indulge here on gay speak as its so divisive anyway = but I have signed the petition , I have my reasons that I will not debate on here . I shape my views with family and friends in discussion - don't bother abusing me or agreeing with me for it - form your own view

matty7 Wrote:I hate politics with a passion and I never indulge here on gay speak as its so divisive anyway = but I have signed the petition , I have my reasons that I will not debate on here . I shape my views with family and friends in discussion - don't bother abusing me or agreeing with me for it - form your own view

That's not a bad way to go about things.

I wish I could be like that, but I like to know how and why people think what they do.

deephiance Wrote:I like to know how and why people think what they do.

Me too.. And I do think The Donald was given a fair chance to show a human side and some presidential-level class. At this point I can't see a single positive side to him orhis presidency though.
I hate him with a passion not even a month into his time in office. He's not my president, obviously, but he's still in my newsfeeds constantly. Furthermore he symbolizes the US and is supposed to act and speak on their behalf...
Fuck!

Does anybody have anything good to say about the guy??..

Cuddly Wrote:Does anybody have anything good to say about the guy??..

Knows his way around a dollar... that's about it.

I hate politics too and yep same way all over my news feed, people won't stfu about him on Facebook...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!