Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would/do you kick addiction?
Kick yourself in the ass for doing it in the first place!!!
The keep kicking yourself everytime you think about it.
[Image: kick-in-the-ass1.jpg]

You know how I got my sister to stop doing cocaine?
I told her I would call the Feds and have them take her baby away and send her to prison for the rest of her life. And she knew I wasnt kidding .

I just recently gave up smoking. I used Champix for 3 weeks but the full course was 3 months, so essentially I went cold turkey and it has been over 4 months since I have had a smoke.

In the past I have gone cold turkey with Pot, alcohol, acid and cocaine.

Addiction is a learned habit, quitting is also a learned habit, so essentially you just have to relearn how to cope in life without the addiction.

Daily journaling - of both the success and failures. It's quiet effective when you feel your resolve slipping away, to remind yourself of how you were feeling, when your resolve was strong.

Well I really cant say I have ever had an addiction. The only thing I will say I am addicted to is smoking and video games. I am currently on the train for quitting smoking. I have smoked pit and done X before, but that was all a time when I just stepped back and took a look at my life. I asked myself what the hell I was doing and just never touched them again. I sure in the hell wasent addicted to them though.

I helped a friend quite cocaine. He came to me for help and wanted to know what to do. He handed me a bag of cocaine at the club one night and told me it was his last stash and wanted me to get it away from him. I dragged him to the bathroom and made him watch me flush it down the toilet. He hasent picked drugs up ever since. He shortly after that enrolled himself in AA and hasent touched alcohol in over 2 years.

You just have to be self controlling and assertive in your choices. Dont let temptation get the best of you. When you feel your being tempted, do something else to get your mind off of it. Go job 3 miles, or lift some weights, maybe go with some friends and get some ice cream.

Find a hobby, and be surrounded by people who would be a good influence to you. Also, just think of its positive effects to your life if ever you would kick that addiction of yours. I know addiction is hard to kick out from your system, but manage to diminish it little by little and youll be surprised that you can actually live without it

Cannabis is known to cause a psychological addiction only so I guess it's a matter of will-power and distracting yourself when you get the cravings.

You mention other substances but not by any specific name or drug group.

More information will help if it comes to using other substances. Unfortunately, some people seem to be genetically predisposed to addiction and substance misuse others have it as a result of their upbringing.

Your doctor and or a helpline can help further.

Good luck!

I was addicted to World Of Warcraft.

I know, the chemical addition ain't gonna be as physically intense as Meth or drugs. But for me, it was my life. I was fucking god-like there, I was popular, I was amazing at anything I did, and it made me feel like a success in ways that I just wasn't finding in real life.

What it did to me though, was made me withdraw from everything else. I actually lost a job because I kept leaving early to play World of Warcraft. I didn't make that particular mistake again, but whenever I'd have to stay late at work or spend extra time doing stuff with people, I'd get antsy and agitated...thinking about what I was missing, what I could be doing on WoW. I spent a year fucking up the relationship between me and my family because I couldn't be bothered to go and find a new job, I was a drain on them, I was anti-social and became quite a big douchebag.

I denied this behavior for a long time, saying I was in control and I play less than ever (after my fiance had many talks with me about it). However, I finally realized the truth - I prioritized WoW above everything else in my life...money, success, family, friends, relationships, all of it. So I set it in motion to just quit. I set my e-affairs in order (I gave away all my stuff to my e-friends), did one last run with my guild, and left. I did that because that would give me peace of mind to know that my stuff went to good use, somehow, and that I hadn't just disappeared one day leaving my friends to wonder whatever became of me.

It took a lot of willpower, but it also took a big reason. For me, that reason was my fiance at first...but then it became my quality of life AFTER I quit. It's a lot better. So I don't go back, even though I want to.