Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hundreds of Lybian troops sent home from the UK
They had been invited to train in the UK but it seems that they just couldn't behave themselves and had no idea how to behave in a Western society. Just to be fair, here are quotes, the first one from Aljazeera and the second one from the somewhat more sensationlist Daily Mail.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/201...18186.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...women.html
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

oops.

And they didn't pay the bill.

In the Aljazeera link, it was interesting that they separately identified the two charged with "raping a man," as if it were a different crime than just rape.

One doubts they would have used race as a victim marker, bu they used gender.

Hardheaded1 Wrote:In the Aljazeera link, it was interesting that they separately identified the two charged with "raping a man," as if it were a different crime than just rape.

One doubts they would have used race as a victim marker, bu they used gender.

Both articles used the gender, I think part of it could be to separate out the two attacks, the other being a sexual assault on a woman (again her gender was mentioned). Also I think they give the gender to make it that bit more shocking (raping a man is still seen as stranger).

Either way the entire operation was a bloody mess.

johnnyanger Wrote:Both articles used the gender, I think part of it could be to separate out the two attacks, the other being a sexual assault on a woman (again her gender was mentioned). Also I think they give the gender to make it that bit more shocking (raping a man is still seen as stranger).

Because they should say "a person was raped" thats about the most stupid thing ive ever heard.

Anyway it is stranger in some ways and probably more painful for the (straight) man involved, whos never had a cock in his ass.

nice way to turn this around against the press and not the crime or the real issues.