Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am scared and alone
Hi,

I am scared and alone, I just moved into a new city, and I have only one strait friend, ha does not know about me being gay. I don't know how to find friends, there is no gay bar or a place where I can try to meet other persons. I would like your advice. Also, I am afraid to tell people around that I like men, as I think they will hate me for what I am. I am a power electronics engineer, and in the company I work for, there are 95% men. It is always so hard not to look, or move, or pretend all the time.

I am so scared, and do not know who to talk to. Please help.

To me your problems)))) In my country everything is one many more cheerful)))) Relax and be with pleasure))).

It appears that Flensburg, Germany, 30 minutes' drive from Sonderborg has a bit of a gay scene.

shiftynj Wrote:it appears that flensburg, germany, 30 minutes' drive from sonderborg has a bit of a gay scene.

☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝

I'm going with what Shifty said.
If you have to travel just 30 minutes to
a city with a gay community you're lucky
I have to drive over five hours.

As far as making friends goes..
There's no secret to it.
You just need to meet them and talk.
Some will be friends and some won't.
The friendlier you are they will be as well.

There is no reason to be scared. It will just take a little time to find friends outside of your workplace. Find a park or a coffeehouse you can walk to. Do you like to go to the gym? Or to concerts? or the library? Would you enjoy a discussion group or joining a chorus? Activities will help you depression and give you a chance to meet others.

You are always welcome here. Keep in touch about your new adventures.
I bid NO Trump!

tahirus Wrote:I am so scared, and do not know who to talk to. Please help.

You can come back and talk to us anytime.

Don't be afraid of who you are. The sooner you accept it, the more relaxed you'll become.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Feel free to practice being social with us until you feel more confident being social with others. Smile

Lex

tahirus Wrote:Hi,

I am scared and alone, I just moved into a new city, and I have only one strait friend, ha does not know about me being gay. I don't know how to find friends, there is no gay bar or a place where I can try to meet other persons. I would like your advice. Also, I am afraid to tell people around that I like men, as I think they will hate me for what I am. I am a power electronics engineer, and in the company I work for, there are 95% men. It is always so hard not to look, or move, or pretend all the time.

Hmmm… I have an online friend who is gay in Denmark… I think he's 22 or 23… not sure exactly where he lives but I can find out if you want. He's a very nice guy. Total jock --- into American football. LOL. And not particularly out himself. Let me know.

tahirus Wrote:Hi,

Sorry. I can't accept that a 27 year old professional homo in Denmark should be scared or alone. I'm familiar with Denmark and Danes and their attitudes. This isn't about scoring a date. You are exhibiting serious issues that need addressing.

I suspect that if you have this level of anxiety and isolation, you should get some professional counselling in order to to cope with everyday socialization. Seriously. Speak to your medical provider and spend time figuring out what the foundations of your anxieties are.

In the meantime, so to the nearest city and get laid.

you shouldn't be scare, simply be yourself and give time , 95% are men, I don't think you are the only gay in the village