Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I came out to my class today
Your class will presume as scheduled. no one will say shit. and if anyone steps out of line, a shirtless detetion and a sexy write up.....If i were the instructor-----

Congrats dearie! I think it was very brave of you to come out.

I'm not clear if you were feeling angry because other people were spouting prejudiced rubbish, or that it was an unexpected flood of feeling at the point of saying something publicly. Either is equally explicable, the former for obvious reasons (you know what they were talking about, and they didn't), the latter possibly because you had a flood of whatever the "fight or flight" hormone is that comes up when under stress, or because you resented the idea that saying anything about being gay is still perceived as a big and possibly risky announcement rather than acknowledging a fact of life - and perhaps you're still feeling that and projecting it on to those closest to hand. Try and focus that elsewhere, if so, but in the meantime, well done, and I hope things settle down as soon as possible.

That was very brave lauj and good for you!

Why did it make you angry though? Was it a negatively toned discussion? If it wasn't, then you're being silly and pretending they're thinking things that they're really probably not! If the day comes where they say mean things, educate them. Don't lose your shit, getting angry gives them power over you!

By the way, I did something similar. Although I wasn't brave enough to do it mid-class or early in the school year. In my last year I was standing infront of the class finding funny videos on youtube and at some point it came up. So I told them yes, I'm gay. Multiple times cause they wouldn't believe me >_<, but this was at the end of the year, shortly before exams, leaving them no opportunity to make my life hell - which none of them intended to do, anyway. Since then I've tried to tell new friends that I'm gay as soon as I meet them.

Your anger might have pleased them enough, but still you did the right thing. Since another student came out to your class too, then your battle will be quite short. Congratulations Wink I'm happy for you Smile

Hahaha hahaha I would have said something like "I'm so gay I could sit on a lollipop and guess the flavor"