Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I did something really outrageous this Sunday!
(For a gay guy, that is)

I went to church.

And what's even more outrageous: I loved every second of the ceremony.

I'm Catholic but I hadn't been to church in decades.

Something awful happened to me recently (I'll tell you what it was but not now) and somehow that unfortunate event made me renew my faith.

'Everyone's an atheist until the plane starts falling down'

In my case, the plane definitely fell down but maybe that was a good thing - it sure made me a stronger person and, as an added bonus, it made me discover religion.

Highlights of today's cerimony:

- Lovely lady prays for the sake of everyone (Catholics, other believers and atheits alike)

- Lots of young folks attending mass, too

- Communion

Well, you already know my general stance on religion

But I'm glad it made you feel good whatever it is this thing you're going through

"Everyone's an atheist until the plane starts falling down"

that's true for most people, specially those profesing a faith but not attending gatherings

I do hope you're doing OK sir

Given all that you post regarding things like exorcisms I'm surprised to find you weren't religious already.

Speaking of exorcisms and just for the sake of diversity, here's a video of Jennifer Twilight (no kidding, Crepuscolo means Twilight) and the Italian Union of Satanists:

Seriously now, I can understand why so many young people turn to satanism. 'Do as you will' may seem very appealling to young folks. It's wrong, though - human beings do need rules and guidance.

Anyway, I just convinced my mother to come with me the next Sunday and I'm really happy about it.

Jesus 1 - Satan 0.

"Everyone's an atheist until the plane starts falling down"

Religion has nothing to do with falling planes. And if it did, then your god must really HATE you in order to kill a bunch of other people and destroy a plane, just to get to you. And really CRAPPY god at that, for not having the power or foresight to deal with you before having to create such an elaborate scenario.

Otherwise, Im glad you went and had a good time. I think everybody should go to at least 3 different churches in their lives, to see for themselves how these people act, think, and treat each other in real time.

Oh boy, another religion thread. It's been a while.

MisterLove Wrote:I did something really outrageous this Sunday!
(For a gay guy, that is)
That may have felt outrageous for you, but there are thousands of LGBT church goers in the world, and some mostly LGBT churches, as well.

MisterTinkles Wrote:"Everyone's an atheist until the plane starts falling down"

Religion has nothing to do with falling planes.

I actually think falling planes have everything to do with religion. Planes fall, crops fail, rivers flood, illness strikes, any manner of natural disaster might level one house and leave the next standing. People crave an explanation for why random things happen, and want to feel like they have some influence over their own protection. Supernatural beings have filled our imaginations to meet these needs ever since the beginning of imagination. That's my take.

After being raised Christian, I visited many churches hoping to find meaning. I found many wonderful people and some interesting traditions, but not what I was seeking.

MisterLove Wrote:(For a gay guy, that is)
'Everyone's an atheist until the plane starts falling down'
Who said this shit is someone that never tried a real 'falling down' in his life. Definitely.
There's no god or magic creature to save you. You have to work hard.

You went to church? Good for you. Hardly outrageous, though... Unexpected, maybe?

When you say"for me the plane definitely fell down", what do you mean exactly? Did you have a flying incident/accident?