Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I do love you English people!
You have some of the best programming on television out there! Im watching this new show called Vicious starring Sir Ian McKellan. I really cant stop laughing at some of the jokes.

KawaiiKitty Wrote:You have some of the best programming on television out there! Im watching this new show called Vicious starring Sir Ian McKellan. I really cant stop laughing at some of the jokes.

It's just finished its run on television here. I hope ITV make a second series.
An eye for an eye

Dan1980 Wrote:It's just finished its run on television here. I hope ITV make a second series.

I had that exact thought before I even finished the first episode.

Im tempted to watch the third episode as well...but I really want to save the rest for when the bf gets home. He told me he already had a bad day at work. I figure something like this might cheer him up.

Dan1980 Wrote:It's just finished its run on television here. I hope ITV make a second series.

I know, I thought it was quite refreshing. I haven't exactly considered ITV a very good source of original programming recently, but Vicious and The Job Lot were both quite interesting - especially the former.

Shall be quite surprised (and disappointed) if it doesn't get at least one or two more seasons. Quite frankly, I found it absolutely hilarious.

Mmmm,strange, my reaction was quite different. I watched the first episode and thought it was pretty dire. I am not in the least interested in a programme that features two old queers firing ratty remarks at each other and oogling a much younger, straight guy. It was very forced "comedy".

I was really hoping for something stronger with sir Ian and derek jacobi in the leads, though maybe it improved after the first one, didnt bother looking though.

They're both Knights of the Realm Partisan, both very good actors but "Viscious" was really tripe.

well considering the other stodge that alot of british tv is, this was very very refreshing! (ugh if I have to hear about fucking Dr Who just one more time I will go postal on someone - no offense meant I just have had horrible experiences with british tv) Dont get me wrong, American tv isnt much better with all our fake "reality" shows and crap.

oh and yes the first episode wasnt that great. The second episode was flipping hilarious though. Third episode kinda missed the mark Sad

I'm going to marry all the brits! :3

KawaiiKitty Wrote:well considering the other stodge that alot of british tv is, this was very very refreshing! (ugh if I have to hear about fucking Dr Who just one more time I will go postal on someone - no offense meant I just have had horrible experiences with british tv) Dont get me wrong, American tv isnt much better with all our fake "reality" shows and crap.

oh and yes the first episode wasnt that great. The second episode was flipping hilarious though. Third episode kinda missed the mark Sad

Lol, i disagree, not about dr who or the majority of british tv being bad, but saying americas not much better, i,d say were a little better, and if your just getting things words of mouth, blah, blah then you might just be getting crap, not being able to choose, also i know some things (no offense meant) will go over an americans head, just a lost in translation thing, but either way a lot of crap on telly, just got to find whats good.