Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate Queens!
[SIZE="6"]Queens, New York
Lonely Planet has named it the
#1 tourist destination in the US[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]Why Queens New York? I know guys from there.
They haven't even tried to convince me it's anything "that" special.

But there's a bright spot to this. The rest of the top five destinations in the US... sort of.

#5 on the list is North Conway New Hampshire. [/COLOR][/SIZE]
I had to look that up too. They ski there and look at trees in the fall.

#4 is "The Colorado River Region.
The Grand Canyon.

#3 is New Orleans!!!
If you have a fetish for stuffing cardboard party horns up mounted police force horses' butts -- Mardis Gras in New Orleans is a MUST!

#2 is Western South Dakota
Did you get that? Not South Dakota, not Eastern South Dakota. Western South Dakota.

[SIZE="7"]
Woooo HOOOOOOO!
[/SIZE]

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/quee...-1.2040496

Time to open a tourist shop so you can sell "stuff" to the tourists....

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are crazy! Why do I want to jump into something and have 500 competitors? I'll have my hands full this summer (tourist season) running this newer larger funner B&B We're booked SOLID the first 3 wks of August and from last 2 weeks of June to 7th of July (all wedding guests from July 8th to 15th) Last yr had 5 gay guys from a NY motorcycle club. This year we've got 12 of them booked already after they heard from the ones who came last year. All of June is BUSY here... Mid July to the end of August is a total madhouse in all directions for 150 miles.

I sure didn't see anything special about Queens, but I viewed it from the back of a cab traveling from LaGuardia to Manhattan. It looked run down and depressing to me (no offense to our posters from QueensWink).

While you are in North Conway head up the road just a bit and visit Peter Limmer boots. Arguably the finest handmade hiking boots anywhere.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:While you are in North Conway head up the road just a bit and visit Peter Limmer boots. Arguably the finest handmade hiking boots anywhere.

You're right on time with that info. Maverick and I have an ongoing correspondence about quality products and PROVEN simple old time remedies....

I told him I don't mind paying big bucks for shoes instead of getting the shitty ones from box stores. He gave me a link to Knapp Shoes.

Got skunks under your shed? Pour mustard powder and mothballs in paper towels and throw them underneath. Good for 4-5 years.

Got a room or house to paint? If you don't use DuraMax paint you're wasting your time and money. You can paint white over black in one roll -- interior or exterior and it uses about half the paint needed with other brands.

I'll be checking out Limmer. I need some formal work boots. hahahahaha!

I'm not sure how long the wait time is on Limmers these days, Virge. It was about 7 months for my first pair and a little less for the second pair. Of course, if you don't like the fit you don't have to buy them, just wait for another pair, or at least that is the way is was then.

William O. Douglas had a pair. He was a good judge of things, you could say. Did you know he hiked the Appalachian Trail?

For well-made off the shelf work boots, I would check out Red Wing brand. I have a pair of Vasques, made by Red Wing, that are about 40 years old and still solid. Made in Minnesota and wear like hell.

Thanks for the note on the skunks. I had no idea that paper towels would last for 4-5 years.

Your skunk method sounds like it may be more interesting than the one I was taught. You just write them a nice letter and ask them to leave and place it where they are not wanted. Supposedly it is something about the odor of ink or human on the paper.
I bid NO Trump!