Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a crush on my neighbor!
Hello all,

There is a man living in my apartment building. I know he is gay, for starters. Very good looking, seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Around my age and seems pretty laid back like me. And he is single, too.

Simply put, I want to ask him out somehow. I want to be charming. We live in a big building, so we rarely cross paths. We've only exchanged "hi" and "what's goin' on" to each other on the elevator.

So since I don't know the next time I'll see him, AND because I'm worried he'll get snatched up pretty quick because he's such a cutie, I need to be proactive!

I've thought about leaving a little note on his windshield, but there's a fine line between charming and creepy. I even wrote a few rough drafts, LOL.

I can try to catch him in-person when he gets home, but again--charming, or creepy?

So I don't know if I'm his type in the first place AND I very rarely see him. I'm just sitting here wondering what the heck I should do about this. I need to go on a date with this man.

So, what do you think I should do? Again, I think it's best if I act sooner rather than later.

Thank you!

Next time you see him on the elevator just say, "I've been wanting to meet some folks in this building. Got time for a cup of coffee or a beer?" If he says something like no, you can reply with, "Well, I'm in number 322, just stop by if you want to hang out." It isn't original, but you don't want to be pushy.

If he has a newer, different car than yours you could say you saw him getting out a Honda (or whatever) the other day and ask if he likes it. How about the cost of service because you are thinking about a newer car. Sometimes it is easier to start a conversation about an object or something a person does than to talk about them directly.

Of course, there is the old standby; "Hiya. Wanna fuck?"

Welcome to the board, man.
I bid NO Trump!

Just be straightforward with him, A lot of guys like it when your direct with them. Kinda like this is what i want and if your game lets go. If you know what building hisin why not stop by one day and ask him out on a date

When your hunting an elusive creature in the wilds of Cleveland, you must pursue your prey with patience and cunning. In other words,,, stalk him until you know where and when he will appear at certain places!!!!! (just kidding)

Your gonna have to meet him again (see above paragraph) have a friendly chat, then ask him if he'd like to go out sometime for brunch/lunch/dinner. I recommend this direct approach because you don't see him often enough (or long enough) to get this promising relationship off the ground in a non-creepy fashion. By the way,,, I don't think he would find it "creepy" unless he is not interested in you from the get-go --- and you won't find that out until you ask him to go on a date with you.

You can also ask him to join you and some friends for a dinner party, or night out on the town, or a game of tennis. This may be less ballzy than asking him out on a date, and it could get better results if he's not used to the dating scene where you date lots of strangers,,, or if he is unsure of your sincerity.

I wish you the best.

Happy Hunting,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

The note idea is creepy. Approach him directly the next time you see him and ask him out for coffee or a drink. If you both seem to enjoy yourselves out for a drink, you can ask for his number and ask him out again to something more date-like such as dinner.

do it in person. not through some note or a letter.

all notes and letters from a complete stranger accomplish is prove that you're too scared to walk up to him and string together a couple of sentences in person. and that is creepy. people who can't do that are creepy. it says a lot about you. it leaves an impression that you're insecure and not confident. do you see any potential in that impression at all? i don't think so.

it is basic self-respect to communicate directly. and it is respect for the person you want to ask out, to show that they are worth it to take a chance on.

all of this is why you do it in person. even if you feel uncomfortable with the idea, you do it in person.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

The note thing is a little creepy as others have said. I would be extremely flattered if someone went out of there way to find me and ask me on a date. I say go after him

Thank you all for the great advice! Yes, with your confirmations I will skip the note. I'll just hope we cross paths sometime soon. I like the "just be direct" idea. But I won't be super direct, just casually direct... =)

It's gotta happen. It's just gotta. I will keep you posted on any updated. =)

And thank you for the welcomes, too. I'm excited to be here.

Peace!

Option #1 : Just talk to him. Ask him if he wants to get a drink sometime. If he says yes or even maybe then whip out your phone and get his digits right then and there.

OR

Option #2 : Figure out when he does his laundry down in the basement of your complex. Time it to the second when the dryer clicks off. Leap up and offer to fold his underwear. If he hesitates then *demand* to fold his underwear. When you get to the last pair, smash it into your face and breathe deeply over and over. Tell him, "I've waited *months* for this!" Then note his reaction.

Okay, maybe option #1 will work better.

Well...perhaps you should try to find out if he's available first and foremost...I mean...you don't know if he's in a relationship yet alone other factors...therefore, I have to go with the response that mentioned if you run into him again...start up a friendly chat that could possibly lead into you asking him out for coffee and from there with further conversation...I believe you will have all the answers you're seeking answered such as; if he's single, and if so, if he's interested in pursuing something with you...Good Luck