Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a crush on my neighbor!
i agree the ball is in his court. maybe, if you see him in person again, you can ask him how he's doing and what he's up to. something like that, and see how he responds. but don't overtext him.

i also would have recommended you actually call him, not text. i don't think texting is the right way to go about asking out a guy you truly like. it's too important of a thing to do. texting doesn't provide you with adequate feedback about the process, as you learned yourself. when talking (either in person or through a phone call) you can learn a lot from his tone of voice and what he says, if he's interested or just trying to get off the hook harmlessly. if you're unsure about when to call him, evening hours usually work for most people.

all kinds of texts should be a 911 option only; like when your phone's microphone is broken (happened to me once) and you don't see him in person much.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Meridannight, I wish you had posted that before! Too late now though. He mentioned he'll be back Sunday afternoon. But I should wait for him to get back to me, and not let him know I should be free around then, too?

Steve, thanks for the advice. I'm worried about the ball being in his court, but I am going to be as patient as my brain will allow!

Re: my ex, the fella couldn't remember his name and simply mentioned we have a mutual friend. He gave a physical description and I knew who he was talking about. Considering my ex was the one at fault for our breakup, and because he is generally a decent man, I can't imagine he would try to sway my neighbor either way.

MFax74 Wrote:LJay, you're right... Being impatient AND hopelessly romantic has never done me any favors.

Anyway he did eventually respond (yeah LJay, I know...). He apologized for the late reply and is busy all week/weekend. To be continued...

I really do appreciate all your feedback. I hope you all know this! :-)
Well, thank YOU, [MENTION=22999]MFax74[/MENTION], for keeping us entertained with what would make a very good soap story line. Let's just hope it has a happy ending some time in the near future. But, as I said, even making a good friend can't be too bad, because new friends have other friends etc... It's like going to a wedding, where you don't know all the guests, half of them have been invited by the other side, right? It's a great way of meeting new people and finding new love pursuits. So if this doesn't work out into a romance, maybe there'll be something else to follow from it.

Oh, and did I say : Good luck ??

Glad you are entertained. Smile Makes me want to shout, "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!" LOL.

I just want to clarify... If I don't hear from him by Sunday, the next step would be to wait until we cross paths again? Sunday would work perfectly for me since I leave for a road trip the next day. Edit-- truthfully I don't think I'll hear from him...

And, between now and Sunday, I should NOT text/call to see if we could meet up that afternoon or evening? The last thing I want is to be a bother, but I can never tell with this. Personally, the only person I ever get annoyed with from texts/calls is my mom, so... Yeah. Lol.

I cant help but feel like he's not interested. This is based on the text that he took all day to send, which seemed a bit cold and standoffish in a way... In person he was real nice.

I am over thinking this... I have no sense of his level of interest in the slightest.

I would wait a reasonable amount of time(don't want to seem TOO eager) and reply(since he let you know when he'd be back) something to the effect of wishing him a great weekend and if he'd like to meet up for a drink on Sunday, you'd be down for that..but that it's your turn to be out of town Monday

It gives him your schedule, asks him out and lets him know you are still interested without seeming overly eager.

What @Gideon said seems to be perfect advice. Letting him know information about your being out of town on Monday doesn't equate with pestering him for a set date for that drink.
I don't think you should overread the fact that he was late answering the initial text message. The fact that he accepted to exchange phone numbers is already proof that he was open to the idea. Remember that phones tend to lose their battery after a while and depending on cicumstance, it could take time before the phone can be recharged. So the lesson to learn from all this is to be patient.
So, yes, I think we are telling you to let him know that Sunday would work for you, because you're leaving on Monday, but maybe he won't be back then, which technically will postpone meeting up until you get back.

What was it again, about this man, that you found attractive?

Tall, dark, handsome. Not to mention a brain and speaking skills. Smile I can't help I'm swooned, alright? :-)

I will take Gideon's advice! Thank you again, and I'll be back with a debriefing soon. :-)

MFax, I really do understand your dilemma. Hang in there.

I had a party once, one of the few real parties in my adult life. A guy showed up and I fell HARD in about a millisecond. We talked a little bit and when the party was over that was the last I saw of him for ONE SOLID YEAR. Oh, did I pine!

To make a long story less long, we finally met up. He was straight. He also turned out to be the best friend of my life. He died a while back. I will never ever, ever forget him. Patience can have its rewards...lnot every time, but sometimes things work out.
I bid NO Trump!

Update: Texted him yesterday evening, essentially saying what you suggested. It has been a good 26 hours, and now Sunday is basically over... No response.

So! While my attention shifts to having a blast on my roadtrip, I have determined that:
Either:
When I asked him out, he was being fake when he acted interested and gave me his number because... I don't know. Fear of saying "no?" He's too cool for school? Anyway, he's a jerk.

Or:
He's got some serious life stuff going on right now, and going on a date is the last thing on his mind. If so, he's not a jerk.

Anyway, at this point I have no control over it. After my trip I'm sure we'll bump into each other some time. I don't know what the future holds...