Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a crush on my neighbor!
don't do the note on the windshield buddy ... it made me smile reading that one ...can just see him now looking at it while scanning the over looking windows for his stalker with a telephoto lens Smile (ive been watching the Stalking TV show recently if you cant tell ) ... I like how Ljay puts it in post 2 ... simple and not pushy

Show him your wiener.

Yeah...definite NO on the note...bad idea...

I would also suggest being direct...but not coming off as desperate or needy....

I kinda meet people easily...and though it isn't a trick because it comes naturally for me...if I had to bottle and sell it...the secret is to just approach someone and talk to them because you sincerely want to talk to them..and expect nothing but a conversation....(THAT is the key)

People sense a lot of things..and they appreciate it when there are no expectations...and it is much easier to get to know someone that way. If they are meant to.,..let things unfold naturally...

Well, since there's never any guarantee of an intimate relationship developing between any two people who are just casual acquaintances, I'd just go for the friendship card first and see what develops. As someone said, there are ways of 'hooking up' just on a friendly basis. One of them could be inviting him -- and his signigicant other -- (that's how you find out that there IS a significant other or not) to a party with friends or for an informal chat and drinks amongst neighbours, maybe. Anything else may seem contrived.

Darius Wrote:Show him your wiener.

Right! Not the way to go. Who wants to have that thrust in their face, even if it's the nicest wiener in the world. Let's keep a sense of decorum.

MFax74 Wrote:Hello all,

There is a man living in my apartment building. I know he is gay, for starters. Very good looking, seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Around my age and seems pretty laid back like me. And he is single, too.

Simply put, I want to ask him out somehow. I want to be charming. We live in a big building, so we rarely cross paths. We've only exchanged "hi" and "what's goin' on" to each other on the elevator.

So since I don't know the next time I'll see him, AND because I'm worried he'll get snatched up pretty quick because he's such a cutie, I need to be proactive!

I've thought about leaving a little note on his windshield, but there's a fine line between charming and creepy. I even wrote a few rough drafts, LOL.

I can try to catch him in-person when he gets home, but again--charming, or creepy?

So I don't know if I'm his type in the first place AND I very rarely see him. I'm just sitting here wondering what the heck I should do about this. I need to go on a date with this man.

So, what do you think I should do? Again, I think it's best if I act sooner rather than later.

Thank you!
I'm curious, how do you know all the stuff you do know about him already. He's gay, he's got a good head on his shoulders, etc.... How do you know this stuff?

I liked the line : "Weve got to stop bumping into each other this way... " but maybe that's too forward. Wink

princealbertofb Wrote:I'm curious, how do you know all the stuff you do know about him already. He's gay, he's got a good head on his shoulders, etc.... How do you know this stuff?

Good question, I should have mentioned this before--I had the Grindr app and saw him on it. But then I got rid of the app... Just not really my thing. The good head on his shoulders part is basically because he could write complete sentences with proper punctuation, etc.... I'm a snob.

My friend suggested I just talk to him on Grindr, ie "hey, I think we live in the same building!" But I want to talk in-person...

Then do it.
I bid NO Trump!

MFax74 Wrote:Good question, I should have mentioned this before--I had the Grindr app and saw him on it. But then I got rid of the app... Just not really my thing. The good head on his shoulders part is basically because he could write complete sentences with proper punctuation, etc.... I'm a snob.

My friend suggested I just talk to him on Grindr, ie "hey, I think we live in the same building!" But I want to talk in-person...
You're a stickler, not a snob. You can't blame someone for wanting to connect with people who are articulate and who can articulate a thought, a sentence, an opinion etc...