Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have finally taken the plunge
Hi guys,

After avoiding facing up to my sexuality for far too long, I have finally taken the plunge.

I decided it's a new year so I contacted my best mate from school and told him everything last night and it went really well, his main issue was that I had left it so long :-]

I guess it helps that he is also gay, but still it's a step in the right direction.

Last night I had the best nights sleep as well, it's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

It's only one person, but it makes me feel like I could go on and tell everyone now.

Congrats! That's awesome. The first coming out is the most difficult. Things will become easier from here on out.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Congratulations! Hiding and living in fear is unhealthy on a lot of levels.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around.

Thanks guys :-]

Totally agree with that Mike, it's been on my mind a lot over the past few months and I was starting to feel more and more depressed, so something had to change and it was for the better!

Great news.

Help us contextualize. How old are you, or at least to the nearest decade?

I am 32, kind of feel like I have wasted far too much of life so far hiding things, but there is no point looking back now, the future is exciting and unknown!

Do not feel that way. None of us knows his hour, but by all rights, you could have twice your lifespan so far yet to live.

I was a complete virgin until age 45, never even kissing a man before that. I indeed did wait too long, but my coming to terms was a beautiful and memorable thing, and I yet live in hope at 53 of finding my soul mate.

Good on ya for being transparent. Keep in the quest. The seeking is as much as the finding.

My people were from Leeds, btw, so howdy, neighbor. Wink

Amazing. Congratulations from me too. As you said its like having a weight lifted off your shoulders. It's going to be a continual process even once you are out to everyone you know. The first one is the hardest. The subsequent ones are more refined, although might not be easier depending on the people.

Well done!

Congrats on coming out!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

welcome to a new beginning in your life!