Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just realized something
I know what the great lakes are, Aussies are not idiots.

WOW, grateful to be an aussie where 95% of the population live within 1 hours drive from a real beach so we don't have to resort to surfing Lakes.

dfiant1 Wrote:I know what the great lakes are, Aussies are not idiots.

WOW, grateful to be an aussie where 95% of the population live within 1 hours drive from a real beach so we don't have to resort to surfing Lakes.

highlighted: No one suggested they were..

and yes...I myself find it more logical and traditional to surf on actual ocean beaches...

but for those poor bastards in US that live in the Midwest and far far away from both coasts...well, the lakes will have to do I guess

dfiant1 Wrote:I know what the great lakes are, Aussies are not idiots.

And dealing with jellyfish and sharks.

can I ask, what is wrong with surfing on a lake? Some people prefer fresh water over salt water. I don't understand why people are called "desperate" for liking large lake beaches over ocean beaches. It's a matter of personal preference. You are going to prefer what you're raised around and for some people that is large lake beaches.

No, there's nothing wrong with surfing on a lake...

it's just that surf is dubbed as mostly an ocean activity...

but you're right, people close by will prefer what they know

Lakes are so much better than seas. Just saying. They feel cleaner.

Like once I went to Lake taupo ( i think... It might have been a different lake), and oh my god the water was so pure. I bet if you peed in it, it would like bleach and disinfect itself.

MisterTinkles Wrote:And dealing with jellyfish and sharks.

jelly fish? You know when they are going to be there so you wear panty hose.

Sharks? punch them on the nose...South Africa and USA have more shark attacks than Australia...Aussie sharks are too fucking lazy to chase you, let alone bite you.

I personally love the idea of being to surf in my favorite city- Chicago. Chicago already kills the competition in basically every way. This is just the icing on the cake.

Lilitu Wrote:Lakes are so much better than seas. Just saying. They feel cleaner.

Like once I went to Lake taupo ( i think... It might have been a different lake), and oh my god the water was so pure. I bet if you peed in it, it would like bleach and disinfect itself.

yeah, maybe...but I bet the fishies still fuck in it Smile

dfiant1 Wrote:yeah, maybe...but I bet the fishies still fuck in it Smile

Maybe fish sperm is pure antibacterial disinfectant.