Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm feeling conflicted now
Okay, for anyone that doesn't know, my boyfriend G and I broke up a while back. I finally can say I'm over it and I'm actually kinda proud of myself for taking it so well (I think it helps with the fact we're still pretty good friends).
Well, I started college last August and I've found myself to slowly start becoming infatuated with my teacher!
He's pretty young, only about 10 years older than me, and though for most that seems like a big age difference, I honestly don't. He's also shorter than me, but being a 6 feet tall young woman, I've learned not to care.
I really do like him and I'd love to ask him out, but I fear doing so while he's my teacher.
So I'm thinking I may ask him out on the last day of the semester, which is also the last day I'll have him as a teacher.

BUT

I'm feeling kinda conflicted, and really could use some advice.
Mainly I'm conflicted because of the fact he is 10 years older than me and is my teacher.
I try to justify it in my head, reminding myself that last time I dated a guy my age I was emotionally and verbally abused. I also remind myself every time I look around at guys in my age group that the only guys I've ever talked to that are my age, they're gay, taken, or really the farthest thing from my type.

I'm trying to make sense of all this in my head, and could really use some guiding advice.

I'd fear doing so while the student too!!! Maybe just invite for coffee to talk about protecting your student/teacher relationship boundary so there'll be room for friendship as you go along???? Best wishes and FORGET the age angle IMHO. Wavey
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

In general, women mature earlier than me, so really a man 10 years older would probably be about on par with you.

I'd wait until he isn't your teacher, just to avoid problems there, then go for it.

CCRox: lol Thanks :3
I'm not really sure how I'd approach him about that, but I guess I have until December to do so XD

Blue: Cool XD
Yeah, like I said, I think I'll wait until the end of the semester to try anything
I'm just not sure how to approach him

I once had a crush on a teacher. It was embarrassing e_e

-people dont know and he might still be concerned how it looks; was your grade influenced by the relationship
-10yrs could be in range
-is he dating anyone now?

Raccoon: Heh, yeah, it is kinda embarrassing, but he's really...idk what word to use! Interesting? XD;;

Pellaz: I haven't made any confession yet, which is why I'm kinda frazzled I suppose XD
My parents are 6 years apart so I don't see 10 years to be a big deal but idk how he'd feel about it..
Nope, he's single, got divorced in '08

Rae Wrote:CCRox: lol Thanks :3
I'm not really sure how I'd approach him about that, but I guess I have until December to do so XD

Blue: Cool XD
Yeah, like I said, I think I'll wait until the end of the semester to try anything
I'm just not sure how to approach him

If you are mature enough to broach that subject straight on, believe me it is attractive, but it needs to be genuine. If you really do like him keep your musings under your own discipline, harness that energy and use it to make a good impression with the unexpected (and attractive...or at least intriguing). If it develops into real friendship because you actually DID try strategically, just think what a wonderful conversation and resulting bond you'll have with him later if retrospect! Xyxthumbs
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

CCRox: I'll try that CB Now I just need to figure out how I'm gonna word it so I don't end up with my foot shoved in my mouth XD;;