Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm in love with one of my best friends?
My friend and I--we've been friends for about 3 years? The first time we met, we told each other everything. We were meant to be friends! We told each other we were both bisexual the first night, and after that, we told each other everything. But still, we were friends.

A couple years ago, we "dated" for a week, but nothing ever happened anyway, so it was not too big of a deal. We have still been amazing friends.

More recently, she has felt that she is only attracted to guys, but retracts the statement whenever we are together. But she still talks about growing up to marry the man of her dreams, but two seconds later says how she is surprised her and I aren't together now.

I'm so confused, one day she acts gay, the next straight. I think she just has a fluid sexuality, which is fine! I think her and I are more than friends but less than in a relationship. We have never kissed or anything, but I want to kiss her and be with her so badly! I don't want find out that she hasn't really meant the things she has said, or I've taken them the wrong way. I don't want to get into an actual relationship with her and ruin our friendship.

She's amazing and cooky and crazy and I don't know why she hangs out with me, but I really like her. So, what should I do? CryCryCry

Mmmm

Tough one.

From what you've said, I would say she is straight. I think however you have formed a close bond and are comfortable enough with each other to have no secrets between you (I think thats more a girly thing, Im not sure it happens between guys - at least not in my experience)

She is completely comfortable being around you, and I think may be trying to project being gay because she thinks its what you want to hear/see.

Why not have a girly night together and have a open and honest discussion about it. You should make it clear to her, that regardless of her sexuality you will always be friends and there for each other etc.

She might think that if she says or acts gay that somehow it cements the relationship, whereas all its actually doing is confusing you!

Good Luck

ObW
x

Just be there for her as her friend.
No doubt she is struggling with her sexuality as well as the crazy hormone swings of teenagers.

I would not get my hope up ,as right now everything is still up in the air.

I'm 29. I have to say you need to be upfront with her but you know start stressing that you guys are friends. Stress that whatever happens in the future you just like spending time together. Because thats what it is. You guys are best friends but you need to live for yourself. Even with friends you shouldn't be giving over huge chunks of your personality. No disrespect. <3

Yeah to be honest I gave oral sex to my X-BFF when we were very drunk and high one night.

Dated for a week huh? That means you two are completely open. You need to tell her about it not us. dont be a coward. You've already gone through the ring of fire, now take a few steps back to what you were supposed to do before you actually jumped the hoop. Always look before you leap.