Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not crazy right?
It's just that I've been in 2 relationships, and although they didn't work out, I still liked being in a relationship more than being single. It's not that I'm an unhappy person without a boyfriend, it's just that I get lonely a lot and would prefer life with someone.

I try to enjoy life single, and I do at times (with friends and studies and stuff), but I like it more when I have someone to love.

Am I crazy for not being able to be a completely whole person by myself?

Um no.

I believe that there was a time when souls were complete, but God/The Divine, or perhaps something more sinister split souls into two halves. Ever since people go on search for the other half of their soul.

You're 19, still plenty of time to find your other half...

My "other half" was aborted or existed in another timeline.

I'll send you mine!!!!! He's a bit worn out - but well trained (smile)...

Not crazy.

But I think the ability to be alone for a period of time is a useful life experience. We need time, especially at a younger age, to learn how to cope as independent individuals--develop our own identity and values....

THEN...

...later, when we have all our ducks in a row, life becomes richer when shared with someone who has the same values and sense of "self". Self knowledge.

Enjoy the freedom of your youth. You have the rest of your life to be in a committed relationship.

JMHO.

MisterTinkles Wrote:My "other half" was aborted or existed in another timeline.

No - your just too damned picky and have too many things to rant about. I read that thread of yours about what you don't like in people... You leave very little foibles untouched. Wink

You also use your strong opinion as a way to keep people at arms length, few people get to see the real you because you are hard at work shoving them away. You never really give people a chance. Your quick to an opinion and regardless of right or wrong once you make it you stick to it.

Its going to take a very special fella who has a shit load of patience and willing and able to stand there and let you shove for all your worth until you are exhausted of pushing them away so they can approach.

Why that is I have no idea.... You know why you shove people away, fear of rejection ain't all that it is there is something else there.

So saith the Crystal Ball.Xyxthumbs

I think I'm gonna end up like you as soon as I taste the fruit of being in a relationship...but I don't think you're crazy....just a hopeless romantic, that's all Big Grin

You're just being a drama queen. Confusedmiley-drinking-bee

ManicLewis21 Wrote:You're just being a drama queen. Confusedmiley-drinking-bee

I think this is the best description of me by FAAAR! LOL!!!

LateBloomer Wrote:Not crazy.

But I think the ability to be alone for a period of time is a useful life experience. We need time, especially at a younger age, to learn how to cope as independent individuals--develop our own identity and values....

THEN...

...later, when we have all our ducks in a row, life becomes richer when shared with someone who has the same values and sense of "self". Self knowledge.

Enjoy the freedom of your youth. You have the rest of your life to be in a committed relationship.

JMHO.

I experienced this, but the opposite way around.

When I was younger I was a bit lost in life and felt similar to the OP. After plenty of life experience with interesting jobs, a few broken relationships and some time for my brain to properly develop I have learnt to relish my alone time.

Of course I'd love a relationship, and I've been single for a while now. I tend to not proceed very far at ALL with people relationship wise unless there is chemistry, without chemistry I just have no intimate or sexual interest.

I also feel (and have experienced) that after that initial chemistry phase, when that person becomes a part of your life, you are attracted to them (and love them) for a different reason, but thats all about success in getting through the 'honeymoon period' I guess!

edit:

as for chemistry, its more common than you think at least in my experience.

ie; that butterfly rush and the fuzzy head feeling when chatting with someone you've never met, despite physical looks. To me it is just a feeling, and its usually either the first, or very close to the first time I get to properly speak with them. My experience of this has been unrelated to looks, and at least in the past 4 years has mostly been average, everyday looking people ... but they all had something

(maybe its pheromones or my brain subconsciously telling me that they would be an ideal mate, who knows)