Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not sure why I am writing this..just worried I guess...
LONDONER Wrote:Hi Beaux: Sorry to hear this. You've given no indication that you were ill up until now. Glad that your doctor is investigating other paths and I hope that leads to your recovery. Keep us posted. Big hug.

Thank you, I mean it. I don't discuss it much period, tbh. I have always been an incredibly active person and it's just been a strange journey.
Xoxo

Beaux Wrote:Oh yes, I have LOTS of diagnoisis, but all of the diagnosis are of the symptoms-- they know why my hips are hurtling, it's because the bones in my hips are dying, but why are they dying? No one can say, it isn't their speciality, then they send me to another doctor..... There is definately the "racket" feeling going on and I hate it. I have been to eleven doctors in the last 3 years. Each one wants their own round of tests, and it gets expensive. We have excellent insurance (Bluc Cross/Blue Shield Fed) but even with good insurance it is unbelievable...
Thank you, I am keeping my fingers crossed!
~Beaux

Oh sweetie! I am glad you have BC/BS! so do I, and I love it! which reminds me about my Mom, who also when through a lot of doctors like you, and finally the last one referred her to see an Endocrinologist! they found and removed a large benign mass hanging from her thyroid glands. She is now alive and well, and back to her old self again!! so please don't get so depressed, if my Mom who is 75 got through all the pains and discomforts, I am sure you will get through just fine! hugs

palbert Wrote:Not being a doctor I can't be of much help other than be glad to see that you have an appointment with an endocrinologist.

Best of luck to you.

Even if you were a doctor like Alex is, there's not much you can do on a virtual forum LOL. A diagnosis need to be performed face to face. But just like you I'm happy that Beaux has got a second opinion.

Sorry to hear how ill you are Sad I hope you get the right treatment that you need in time , hard as may be try to stay strong.

I really hope the endocronologist can tell you something you dont already know and maybe better treat your condition or halt its symptoms, there must be something, god bless, i say this with a tear in my eye because you seem like such a lovely guy to me, all my wishes are going to you. Stay positive and hopefully you can give us some better news next time x

Hang in there, Beaux. I hope the endocrinologist can tell you something useful. By now I would have driven my PCP mad with questions. Don't be a nice guy.

You should also try to make them share test results. They may not always be doing the same tests over and over, though. I have every doctor I see send the results of every appointment to my PCP. I am also lucky that several of my doctors are on a network that shares things like CT scans and X-rays by computer so that they can get them easily.

I appreciate what all of this does to your head. Keep your chin up and feel free to PM if you feel like having someone to talk things over.

Pulling for you!
I bid NO Trump!

Sorry you're going through all this! Keep us posted on your progress!

I am not sorry to hear how Ill you are Beaux, I'm just sorry that both of us are starting to realize that age is starting to catch up to us.

As a kid I was told:

Stand straight - which I always do, I'm standing as a soldier all the time, walk like a soldier, I have the most straighten vertebral column that one can wish.
Don't smoke - well, sorry that one is kind of a problem, but my great grandmother made it smoking her life away to 92 years old, she died happy.
Don't eat shit - I'm a very picky eater since I'm very young and picky means I don't eat anything too greasy, I hate fast food, can eat too salty, etc. Etc. I have been following a very strict diet for many years.
Don't eat too much candy - well that was kind of a problem for me because not eating candy or sugar in any possible for could mean the end of me. So that was a very bad advice.
Yet I made it to 38 years old, just last two weeks ago, my kidney sent me a message that I needed to relax. Alex and my long time friend Sandrine fixed it

But Beaux my friend, we're getting older, and it's far worse, getting older in sickness. So always get a second opinion, not to hear what you want to, but as Alex said, some doctors aren't good at giving bad news, or some will just forget their role and not consulting other doctors about their diagnosis. A good doctor who gives a possible diagnosis always look the diagnosis from another doctor.

Mark and I are both thinking of you and your partner Beaux. By all means, keep self advocating, keep asking the doctors every question you think of, don't leave anything out. My heart goes out to you. Staying silent for so long when you're here posting everyday says a lot about your strength of character. You're a good man Beaux.

Good Luck Wednesday. Smheart

xx

Good vibes Bighug Bighug Bighug