Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not sure why I am writing this..just worried I guess...
Ensure can be a great supplement, but.. if you're still dropping weight on a 3600 calorie diet and a pretty sedentary lifestyle, you might want to up your protein and (healthy) carbohydrate intake as well.

Also, a trick I just recently learned myself. Blending your food into shakes and soups rather than masticating your food when eating. This liquifying makes it a bit easier for your body to process and absorb nutrients from your food.

I have a hyper metabolism (and hypoglycemia), and need to intake an average of about 6000 calories a day just to maintain my weight. When I use the blender to liquify my food, I can usually cut that down a bit... almost by a third. It's boring and I can't maintain a liquid diet all the time, but it does help on those days when I just don't have the time to take in as many meals as I usually need in the day.

I'm sorry about your troubles, man. I hope you find answers and solutions soon.

sending you positive vibes, wishes for good luck, and love.

Please keep us posted.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I hope they find out what you have soon and get it treated asap. One of the most frustrating things is doctors not knowing what the hell is going on. We know our body best when something is "off". Best wishes and good luck!

sorry to hear about this Beaux. this sounds very serious. not being able to walk unassisted? that is a very serious symptom, not to be taken lightly.

i agree, usually a vitamin deficiency alone shouldn't turn as serious as you describe. but it has been claimed that vitamin D deficiency can cause osteomalacia (non-adequate mineralization of the bone). and there isn't much vitamin D in the dietary sources. humans get vitamin D primarily from exposure to sunlight. if you really are that low you need to supplement.

still, it needs to be some extreme and/or long-term deficiency. unless, of course, there is an underlying genetic factor interfering with that. that could facilitate the whole process. and, the vitamin deficiency itself could be a symptom of the major disease/ailment you're suffering from, if it goes beyond that. in this sense, that doctor who told you it was just vitamin deficiency is not necessarily wrong per se. but you definitely should get a second opinion, and a third, and a fourth, if you have to. get it figured out as soon as possible.

Quote:The blood flow to a section of bone can be interrupted if the bone is fractured or the joint becomes dislocated. Avascular necrosis of bone is also associated with long-term use of high-dose steroid medications...

If you haven't been on corticosteroids, then the elevated cortisol is definitely the thing to be looking at.

My cousin had Cushings Syndrome and a pituitary adenoma....I'm so surprised that it has taken so many physicians to get to this point.

Rareboy Wrote:If you haven't been on corticosteroids, then the elevated cortisol is definitely the thing to be looking at.

My cousin had Cushings Syndrome and a pituitary adenoma....I'm so surprised that it has taken so many physicians to get to this point.

Something along the lines of what your cousin was diagnoised with is what I am thinking as well. I was diagnoised with Sarcardiosis when I was 19 years old, so I HAVE been taking prednisone for a LONG time which can cause aseptic necrosis of the femoral neck bilaterally. Strangely enough, my husband found that information himself. Not the doctor. Of course, Cushings Syndrome doesn't match my other problems, but since it seems to be related to both metabolism and possibly malabsorption, I think it is perhaps adrenal related.

Thank you, and everyone, for the good vibes! I was just really feeling down yesterday in particular, it's good to hear positive voices!
Xoxox,
Beaux

Beaux Wrote:For the past four year, I have been rapidly developing bilateral hip pain (pain in both hips), I have been to countless doctors. Medical bills have become a serious draw on our finances, and I haven't been able to walk unassisted for over a year now. I had to quit my job and all my charities.

MRIs show that I have necrosis of the femoral neck and head in both hips (my bones are dying), and over the course of the past year I have lost 46.3 lbs. I eat constantly, I feel like I am starving, and I guess I am because I don't have ANY fat left on my body. I am 6'4" tall and I currently weight 133.7 lbs. I sleep approximately 12-16 hours a day and (thanks to Ensure) I consume 3600 calories a day.

The last doctor I was refered to said I had a severe vitimine D deficiency, but that otherwise he did t think anything was wrong with me. He told my husband that he believed it was all in my head. Needlees to say, it caused me depression and a great deal of stress at home. My husband said that he believed the doctor to be wrong, but I could tell that he was questioning it all.

Thankfully, my personal physician also doubted the other doctors assessment as well and ordered a battery of blood tests that she, as a family physician, would not normally order. She found that my corticoid levels are EXTREMELY elevated (47.7).

I have been scheduled to go see an endocrinologist this coming Wednesday. I am just tired of being sick and tired.

Thanks for listening,
~Beaux

I look forward to your speedy recovery Beaux.

May you be in good health again.

[Image: Butterfly-With-Soon.gif]

(((Beaux)))...I am so sorry to hear this. I can understand you getting sick and tired of getting no real help....

A couple things first....

VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Do you know that EVERYONE I KNOW has come back from the doctor the past two years with Vitamin D deficiency being the f*cking answer to everything. If I was a comic I would do a bit on it...

The other thing.....you MUST fight for yourself. Do NOT accept what the doctors have told you. I had a heart attack before I had the big one. I knew something was wrong and I went to the doctor (and YES...He told me I had vitamin D deficiency...the Vitamin D folks must have paid for a trip to Acapulco). Of course...after the vitamin D thing he told me I probably had heartburn and to take a few antacids. Did he think I was THAT stupid? Uh...it felt like horrible heartburn and an elephant sitting on my chest and of course it was over by the time I got there. 10% of my heart is dead from the first one. When I tried to take it further he used shame as a tool to remind me he was the doctor and this knew more than me and suggested that I might be a hypochondriac (I'm not)......

Two weeks later I was in an emergency room have a heart attack and in surgery with three stents within the hour. he should have given me tests IMMEDIATELY...and when he found out what happened a year he apologized (he wasn't my primary) and he gave me acid reflux medicine that had MAJOR interactions with PLAVIX. Thank God I realized what a pathetic doctor he was and checked myself...

I also had a (very painful) kidney stone pass and get stuck in me for a long time and I couldn't take it anymore because I kept going back to the doctor and they kept throwing Vicodin at me like candy...I finally found http://www.earthclinic.com and found a perfect a solution...I definitely trusted other people more than doctors at this point and I did what they told me to do. Take equal parts of lemon juice and olive oil and drink like a cocktail...it was out within 24 hours and the pain was gone. I just took care of another one using lemon juice and olive oil....

I would suggest at this point to start searching online for help...I am sure other people have faced the same thing somewhere and maybe they can lead you to a door that might have some insight...or lead to a few more doors that will help...

I hope you can find a solution fast and give you some relief and mobility. Is hip replacement an option at all?

It is great that your other personal doctor didn't trust the other doctor and ordered the rests. Have you been to the endocrinologist before? It sounds hopeful...

[Image: hugs-yay-11-6.gif?w=354&h=369]

Keep us updated...I will be thinking of you Beaux

Beaux, I had no idea. I sure hope they get to the bottom of it so that you can get the actual treatment you need my friend, and it happens soon for you. I will join the others and wish you all the very best and that your road to recovery is a speedy one xx Bighug
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

East Wrote:(((Beaux)))...I am so sorry to hear this. I can understand you getting sick and tired of getting no real help....

A couple things first....

VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Do you know that EVERYONE I KNOW has come back from the doctor the past two years with Vitamin D deficiency being the f*cking answer to everything. If I was a comic I would do a bit on it...

The other thing.....you MUST fight for yourself. Do NOT accept what the doctors have told you. I had a heart attack before I had the big one. I knew something was wrong and I went to the doctor (and YES...He told me I had vitamin D deficiency...the Vitamin D folks must have paid for a trip to Acapulco). Of course...after the vitamin D thing he told me I probably had heartburn and to take a few antacids. Did he think I was THAT stupid? Uh...it felt like horrible heartburn and an elephant sitting on my chest and of course it was over by the time I got there. 10% of my heart is dead from the first one. When I tried to take it further he used shame as a tool to remind me he was the doctor and this knew more than me and suggested that I might be a hypochondriac (I'm not)......

Two weeks later I was in an emergency room have a heart attack and in surgery with three stents within the hour. he should have given me tests IMMEDIATELY...and when he found out what happened a year he apologized (he wasn't my primary) and he gave me acid reflux medicine that had MAJOR interactions with PLAVIX. Thank God I realized what a pathetic doctor he was and checked myself...

I also had a (very painful) kidney stone pass and get stuck in me for a long time and I couldn't take it anymore because I kept going back to the doctor and they kept throwing Vicodin at me like candy...I finally found http://www.earthclinic.com and found a perfect a solution...I definitely trusted other people more than doctors at this point and I did what they told me to do. Take equal parts of lemon juice and olive oil and drink like a cocktail...it was out within 24 hours and the pain was gone. I just took care of another one using lemon juice and olive oil....

I would suggest at this point to start searching online for help...I am sure other people have faced the same thing somewhere and maybe they can lead you to a door that might have some insight...or lead to a few more doors that will help...

I hope you can find a solution fast and give you some relief and mobility. Is hip replacement an option at all?

It is great that your other personal doctor didn't trust the other doctor and ordered the rests. Have you been to the endocrinologist before? It sounds hopeful...

[Image: hugs-yay-11-6.gif?w=354&h=369]

Keep us updated...I will be thinking of you Beaux

Wow East that was quite an experience for you! As a child my Mom used Olive Oil and Lemon in multiple ways to cure and relieved all kinds of ailments! and they worked every time! your just reminded me how effective Olive Oil and Lemon was in treating my childhood constipation problems!