Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm thinking of adopting a child
I have found that mentoring others in my field is very satisfying. I don't know what your situation is but I always seem to have someone under my wing and giving them guidance. I become very attached to them and just want to see them succeed at whatever they want to do.

Sometimes I think I should have pretended I was straight until I had a child with some woman.
Anyone care to tell me how wrong this is?

Quote:Sometimes I think I should have pretended I was straight until I had a child with some woman.
Anyone care to tell me how wrong this is?

Very, its selfish and is using a person in a very intimate way.

A few years ago a lesbian couple approached me desiring my genetic material... Apparently having a high IQ and a few other features made me an ideal 'biological father' donor.

The offer was for one (or either/or one of them) to donate the egg and the womb to carry two children - one for them, one for me.

While the whole idea had its appeals, I have concluded that children are not as tasty as adults so I ultimately declined....

My point is to say that there are alternatives which all concerned will be interested in. Today surrogate mothers can be had, then there is foster care/adoption....

I know quite a few single and coupled LGBT folk with WoNdErFuL families because of adoption and surrogacy. Go for it!
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

MisterTinkles Wrote:You have to be VERY, VEEERRRRYYY careful about sponsorships.

[...]

Thanks for your support guys, it means a lot to me.

Yes, fraud is my #1 fear.

I want to keep some distance (this probably sounds a bit selfish but I don't want to get into any trouble) but I also want to make sure my money is well used.

elad12 Wrote:I am sponsoring 2 boys. One is in Addis Ababa and one is in Jakarta. Am planning a trip to Addis later this year to meet one of them. I love it especially the letters, real letters, not email.
Do it!

Yes, this is exactly what I'm looking for. I don't just want to send money, I'd like to have some sort of emotional connection, too.

Festino Wrote:I wanted to do that to, so i got an underage boyfriend xD (jk)

You're a pretty baby, maybe I'll adopt you instead. Wink

Does anyone on GS follow or subscribe to "Gay Family Values" on youtube? They are great to watch and fun to marathon past clips to catch up to current day. The do not post frequently these days but at least once a month and they share their journey through adopting and raising their children.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Talk to Jake if you see him on, has a amazing daughter, adopted by his bf and himself, Just saying, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]