Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need facts!
Here's a fact.....

Ask the same questions of them that they ask of you.

Ask them how they know for sure they are aren't gay...

Suggest sending them to therapy to become gay

Ask them what you might have done wrong to make them straight....

Ask them if they like peas?...and please tell you the definitive truth about peas...and why they do or don't like them. Once they tell you...ask them if their truth would be THE TRUTH for everyone else...or just for them...

I don't understand why we let them define the conversation...I think we give them too much power. The nice thing about giving other people too much power over you...you can always take it backXyxthumbs

So as near as I can piece all this together, you want debate points that you can use either with your parents who want to send you to a psychologist, or "facts" that you can use to debate the psychologist. If this is the case, it's a waste of time. Your life is not debatable. You shouldn't approach it like that.

It's fine to be gay, and you know that. It also sounds like your parents are supporting you as much as they can in their own weird way. Just tell them you have no interest in seeng a psychologist about your sexuality, that it's a complete waste of your time and their money. Don't go for your mom's sake.

Find yourself a gay teen support group. Sounds like that might be good for you.

I agree with Camfer. The moment you start debating with people who throw biology and psychology, not to mention the Bible, at your face you've already given them the advantage. Your being gay is OK regardless of whether you can pass on your genes, change your orientation by willpower or whether the Bible allows it. The point is not whether it's possible for you to "fix" your orientation by going to therapy, it is rather that it doesn't need fixing.

Camfer and Aike are right ----- arguing with people like these is a total wasted effort. Nothing they believe in is based on facts or evidence and so any facts or evidence you present them means nothing more than butt wind to them.

Here's a fact: homosexuality has been observed in approximately 1,500 species, thus proving it is natural, no matter what the cause.

Another thing I've heard is that the amounts of estrogen and testosterone in a person seem to have some effect on sexuality, but those are not the sole cause. And yet another thing I've heard is that sexuality is more like a spectrum, with absolutely no one hitting 100% gay or straight, most people tend to fall close enough to one side to have no sexual desire for one sex. Whether these things are true or not, some things are: you can't help what you like, and people are people.

But indeed, as several have pointed out, arguing with these people is generally pointless. That said I got one of them to admit I was right on a single occasion, and he's been more accepting since... so it's not 100% a wasted effort, but it most probably will be. And even if you get people to admit your argument makes sense and they have no logical counterpoints anymore, that's not going to make them suddenly like or accept it. People tend to be stuck in their ways like that, so it's likely that no matter what argument you bring to the table, it won't be good enough for them.

Here's another fact... Psychology itself cannot explains all the avenues of sexuality and preferences. I have my background in behavioral psychology and never will I pretend to understand or even explain whether being gay is genetic or not I have two children and so far none of them are gay and my sister isn't gay either.

I know that many gays aren't found of psychologists because at some point in your life you had to meet with one, but do not put us all psychologists in the same basket of those know-it all. PLEASE it's very insulting and it shows that ignorance has two sides.

To the OP understand that you want to get even with your psychologist, but here's something you should tell your parents, if they are making you see a psychologist because you are gay, tell them that you want a gay one or at least a sexologist (they are psychologist too). If this is just to win an arguments with a bigoted psychologist who believe he have found the answer to the prevalence of being gay, here's a thought - NEVER ARGUE WITH IDIOTS, They'll bring you down to their levels and beat you with experience.

Google: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Gay+is+biological

Personal Experience:

Haters gonna hate.

Regardless of how much 'evidence' you bring to the debate, they ain't gonna listen, and will, usually, get more offensive the more 'facts' you throw at them.

Ignorance is not only bliss for these people, it is also a self imposed prison that allows them to hold on to their hatred/anger unhappiness. And that is exactly how they like to live. It makes them feel better to have the illusion that they are better than you because they ain't like you.... whatever that is, be it black, gay, catholic, muslim, Jew, elf....

you need facts, well I'll give the ultimate fact, the one fact that no one, no matter there race, gender, creed, religious beliefs or orientation, can possibly deny "I YAMS WHAT I YAMS AND THATS ALL I YAMS":biggrin:

just tell them to stop being an uneducated ignorant bigot = win