Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need to stay strong
You know what to do. Of course you miss the good parts of being with him. (There were good parts, right?) But they are not worth the abuse. If you have the key, send it to him. Otherwise I agree with Ivory: block his number on your phone.

i dont have his key. i left it the day i moved out. along with everything we bought together. our pets, furniture, everything. i packed my clothes and a few essentials and left.
it was a very toxic and addicting relationship. i was so consumed by it. i would lie to anyone about anything if he asked. i took all the blame for every bad thing that he did. his family hated me because i took the credit for all the missed visits, late bills his mom had to cover etc... i dont know why i did either. i was always very strong and independent and its like the day i moved in with him i changed who i was to fit his needs.
thanks guys. sometimes i just need a good slap of reality

I know when I was 20 (we were excited when the 'lectric came) lol I hated it when people would tell me, "you have your whole life ahead of you", etc., etc. It sure doesn't seem like it at the time.

I would wager on my part after 47 years of being on this ole Earth, there is probably a guy in your future who you have yet to meet, who will be kind, who will see your beauty and love you for exactly who you are, who will cherish it and make you feel like a million bucks.

Hold out for him. You're worth it. Life may seem like it lasts forever now, but... it's really quite short. Too short to put up with someone who doesn't treat you the way you deserve to be. After a while, you would possibly even begin to think that being treated like shit is normal. It's not. I promise. Don't let him do that to you. You have a relatively blank slate; a canvass to paint beautiful things on.

Best of luck. The pain will pass. I promise.