Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've been in conflict with changes.
It's pretty sure I'm not going to be coming to Gayspeak regularly anymore. It's been something I've been fighting with for a couple of months. It's been a journey within myself to understand why this came about inside me.

At first I thought it was that Gayspeak was moving slower. But then it started in each of the other forums I'm in. It was like they all just started slowing down to the point they were irritating for me. I know it began to show in my comments to others. I started being snarky, cynical and bored. More than once I've complained about new posts by new members being just repeats of repeats of repeats of repeats. Honest guys, that's not the "me" that I know.

Then yesterday something happened that sent me into some deep introspection. What are the chances that everyone (gay and straight) in the three forums could all get boring and slow down at the same time? I's say the chances are less than one in a trillion.

What are the chances that it's just about me going through transitions? hahahaha! Ohhh I'd say that's a 100 to 1. That's what all this is about. I'm changing. Today's March 1st and I can look back to January 1st -- just sixty days and see how much I've changed without realizing it until yesterday and today.

So when I wake up in the morning I'm getting up with the attitude in line above my new signature line. I'm throwing myself full force into the transitions, moving on and stepping into things leading in new directions.

When I joined Gayspeak in June 2014 I was just a few days out of the hospital after my final hand surgery, on an enormous emotional high from setting a date for a marriage and honestly pretty damned lonely since my man had to go home to December. I had lots to give to others at that time and tried to do that. Things changed when he arrived. I'm not lonely anymore. But there's more to it than that.

Together he and I are transitioning towards things we have always talked about doing as a team. I talked about some of them in here. They're starting now. It's not that I'm leaving Gayspeak for any dissatisfaction here. It's all about moving ahead to "what's next."

There's 82 days until I finally graduate and slow down on my traveling nearly every week for money. There's 133 days until we get married, and -- believe it or not -- this next week I'll be taking on a whole new 'project' doing something that will be the first step towards the things my guy and I have talked about and planned for over two years of doing together. Also I've already gotten involved in a political campaign for a guy we're going to get elected on zero campaign funds -- just because he's that damned honest. I have a lot to do to get ready for spring and summer, the wedding and whatever the hell comes after a wedding. hahahahaha!

I just need to let some of you guys know. This isn't adios. It's just see ya when I see ya.

Loves to all my buds,
Virge
[Image: 1ed9b0bdee30ea746113b086d7c001a7_zpstt4mhwfr.jpg]

[COLOR="Blue"]It's all a matter of how you look at things that determines everything.
[/COLOR]

Real life takes priority, as we like to say. Go kick ass. Wink

Lex

I join and then everybody will start to leave.... Good luck and good wedding. Smile

aloha pumehana virge

[MENTION=21084]Virge[/MENTION], DUDE YOU HAVE A LIFE!!! GO FOR IT hahahah. Trust me, if I had a life I wouldn't have time or inclination to hang out an a forum!

So, go for it. When, if ever, you feel like dropping in and posting something just to say howdy or catch us up to date on what's going on in your world, I'm sure we'd all appreciate that. But, yeah, you've gotten what you came here to get and given what you wanted to give and it was all good. Glad to have had the opportunity to interact with you and I'm wishing you and the hubby the best ever! Wink

You gotta do what's best for you and yours, man. I wish you all the best...and good luck on the wedding if we don't see you before then.

It is time to go and live your real life in big red font, so go enjoy it, Virge. I'll miss you, so be sure to check in occasionally and give us some life updates.

Well shit, man. You're going to be missed. I do hope you find the perspective you need and are looking for tho.

Lexington Wrote:Real life takes priority, as we like to say. Go kick ass. Wink
Lex

Thx Lex. Don't think we're heading into a nesting mode and making everything about us now. That's not what it is. We both feel a true need to give and help and that's what we'll be concentrating on. As far as kicking ass... once I get past this feeling of walking on egg shells I might be doing that.

Albie Wrote:I join and then everybody will start to leave.... Good luck and good wedding. Smile

Buddy don't you ever think my leaving has anything to do with you! hahahaha! And I'm not technically leaving, deleting my profile. I'll wander through once in a while. So get your butt in gear and dust off the forums and start some silly shit.

trywait Wrote:aloha pumehana virge

In the famous words of Rihanna, mahalo "stud" ... now duck real quick.

Gideon Wrote:You gotta do what's best for you and yours, man. I wish you all the best...and good luck on the wedding if we don't see you before then.

Thx Gid. One of the fun things for me in GS has always been coming up on things you or Twist wrote about your relationship and having a "HOLY FUCK THEY ARE JUST LIKE US!" moment.

MikeW Wrote:[MENTION=21084]Virge[/MENTION], DUDE YOU HAVE A LIFE!!! GO FOR IT hahahah. Trust me, if I had a life I wouldn't have time or inclination to hang out an a forum!

So, go for it. When, if ever, you feel like dropping in and posting something just to say howdy or catch us up to date on what's going on in your world, I'm sure we'd all appreciate that. But, yeah, you've gotten what you came here to get and given what you wanted to give and it was all good. Glad to have had the opportunity to interact with you and I'm wishing you and the hubby the best ever! Wink

Iceblink Wrote:It is time to go and live your real life in big red font, so go enjoy it, Virge. I'll miss you, so be sure to check in occasionally and give us some life updates.

You guys and some others need to know that I learned a lot from youse. I sure hope you keep on doing what you do in GS to help other guys and that they get smart quick and pay attention.