Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infallible (but not very sensible) way to lose weight
Skip breakfast.

I just drink a cup of coffee in the morning and that's it.

It's amazing the weight I've lost in the past few weeks, about 4 kgs! I now weigh 73.2 kgs, only 3 kgs away from my initial goal.

Well, you acknowledged yourself that it's not a very sensible way so I guess there's no point in me criticizing it for that Tongue

SolemnBoy Wrote:Well, you acknowledged yourself that it's not a very sensible way so I guess there's no point in me criticizing it for that Tongue

Sweetie, you're right, it's not sensible but it works. I've never lost so much weight in such a short period of time.

I started doing breakfast only in London, and not everyday. When I was in Italy I only drank an espresso coffee.
And sometimes I didn't have lunch etc...
Bad habits.

Really?

Whenever I don't have breakfast (which would be when I'm going on a plane or travelling, or some other busy crap) 1 hour after I usually have breakfast, I start to feel nauseous and like my stomach is filling with lye. o_o It feels like I'm going to vomit and die.

How did you feel?

I try to eat breakfast but most of the time I don't have time.

Whenever I skip breakfast for a long period of time, I out on weight.

Have only ever been successful with weight-loss/maintenance when I had breakfast, lunch & dinner at relatively normal times.
Any deviation tends to cause unnoticed over-eating later on. At least, that's the case in my experience.

I don't eat on as regulated a regimen as I should, but I've kept my weight in check by missing meals or eating small portions (and LOW carbs). I don't usually miss meals on purpose, but I have a hectic schedule (especially during my classes), so it happens. I skip breakfast a lot, and if I do have it, it's something small and easy like fruit or something. I'm far too lazy in the morning to actually cook anything. I'll have some coffee and call it good usually, and it has helped with weight loss, although eating a low sugar/low carb diet is what really made me lose weight.

Actually, skipping breakfast slows down your metabolism so that you don't lose weight.

If you do lose weight, it will not be sustainable. It will come right back when you start eating normally again.

No....not for me at least

I rarely ever have breakfast since work is 2 hours away from home and I just don't have the time..

I just end up overcompensating later in the day, so skipping breakfast has actually made me gain weight..