Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Astrology True?
I believe that astrology is real and dangerous. Birth charts, in particular, can attract negative entities or spirits or whatever you want to call it to your home. Stay away from that filth, that's my advice.

Well, I'm sorry you believe that way Mister...
I didn't encounter any of those ^_^

DreamMaker Wrote:Well, I'm sorry you believe that way Mister...
I didn't encounter any of those ^_^

Sweetie, of course you didn't encounter any of those. We're talking about evil spiritual entities that use guerrilla tactics to deceive us. The Bible warns us several times against these occult practices and rightly so. They're not harmless, believe me.

I don't want to go into details but I know at least one case of a person who was heavily into astrology and other new age practices and is now severely ill. I have no doubt that astrology played a role in this.

Considering Astrology was created (estimating) around the 2nd Millennium BCE when Mankind thought the world was flat, the sky was flat and no one else existed outside the perimeters of their own countries/territories, I have to turn my nose to it. I'm running on no sleep so I'll let Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens do the talking for me until I've had sleep or I can get my hands on some "uppers":

Anyhoo:

If you have a short attention span, this video is quite long (45 min). By all means look for a condensed version. I'm just presenting the information is all.

This one is short and sweet.
So lost in your addiction
The solemn comfort of your grave
If you close your eyes the light can't take it away

Reach back behind your pride
And pull the thorn from the burning pain in your side

Demon Hunter - Not I

[MENTION=18428]MisterLove[/MENTION]... now let's discuss the lovely "entities" who believe in the Bible...and the crap they have attracted in the name of God.

Many would say the Bible is evil and deceptive filth...with a lot more solid evidence and examples of depravity...just sayin'

For whatever reason, GS won't let me quote, so:

@Mister,
I would argue your friend was mentally ill to begin with. To even conceive such a notion that and insipid practice such as Astrology drove your friend mad is a bit ridiculous. Of course, I could be wrong. I do not know your friend. However, I do know that we live in a time where we do not understand mental illness. Hell, our "understanding" is no different than our "understanding" of it 200 years ago. Only difference is that we no longer "poke and prod" but just stuff someone full of psychoactive pills and send them back out into society without a clear concrete understanding of what's actually wrong with the person.

Just my two cents.
So lost in your addiction
The solemn comfort of your grave
If you close your eyes the light can't take it away

Reach back behind your pride
And pull the thorn from the burning pain in your side

Demon Hunter - Not I

i for one couldn't understand if [MENTION=18428]MisterLove[/MENTION] was being serious or sarcastic.

[MENTION=21382]Doofus89[/MENTION] Dawkins is cool.

meridannight Wrote:i for one couldn't understand if [MENTION=18428]MisterLove[/MENTION] was being serious or sarcastic.

[MENTION=21382]Doofus89[/MENTION] Dawkins is cool.

He is serious.....

Doofus89 Wrote:Considering Astrology was created (estimating) around the 2nd Millennium BCE when Mankind thought the world was flat, the sky was flat and no one else existed outside the perimeters of their own countries/territories, I have to turn my nose to it. I'm running on no sleep so I'll let Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens do the talking for me until I've had sleep or I can get my hands on some "uppers":

Anyhoo:

If you have a short attention span, this video is quite long (45 min). By all means look for a condensed version. I'm just presenting the information is all.

This one is short and sweet.

Again, as I've stated, I will always respect people no matter what they believe,
BUT- I do stand on people need to be educated. A LOT of these examples are people who know nothing about Astrology. The reason that Astrology doesn't work because of its "age" is in my opinion, counter-intuitive. A lot of them KNEW things, before science existed.

But to tackle the Dawkings issue, here's what a respectable Astrologer wrote after a deep research. I sincerely hope you'll read his detailed research as well and see for yourself.

"Dawkins Sun-Sign Test & throwing stones from a glass house.
One sceptic cited Richard Dawkins’ test on Sun Sign astrology in his TV series “Enemies of Reason” (Dawkins 2007). As stated earlier, I am not here to defend this popular media-friendly adaptation of astrology. Why did Dawkins choose to criticise astrology as a field and then only present and caricature newspaper astrology in his TV series? Was he so ignorant that he confused a recent off-shoot with a four thousand year old practice? Or was he attempting to misrepresent the case for astrology to make it easier to attack? Dawkins thrives on ranting against soft targets like militant fundamentalism or religious abuse in his book The God Delusion book. But like any proselytizing preacher, Dawkins is only effective when pushing a straw man fallacy from his pulpit."

http://www.astrologer.com/tests/basisofastrology.htm- Good Stuff here.

East Wrote:He is serious.....

okay then. no comments.

considering i'm a born and bred atheist, i think my opinion can be inferred.