Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Astrology True?
I have no issue with atheists Smile (I don't consider myself religious or a theist, but I am a spiritual person)
I have an issue with people who deny things before they understand, research or read about them.

I'm good with it being true, partly true or false.

No. OK, you want 10 characters? here.

Hell no.

What do stars have to do with the small day to day things I do in life? Besides, those "predictions" and personality profiles are general as smurf, and you'll find that most people will agree with them.

DreamMaker Wrote:I have no issue with atheists (I don't consider myself religious or a theist, but I am a spiritual person)
I have an issue with people who deny things before they understand, research or read about them.

yeah. because astrology is so complicated to comprehend you have to 'research' it to make up your mind on it. *laughing out loud*

I don't believe in it at all but if you read your stars and they motivate you then why is that a bad thing -

If astrology "works", it should work in both directions. So I've tried putting it to the test.

Two astrologers wanted to "run my chart", so I let them. However, I lied about my date of birth. I didn't lie about anything else - just the date. With one, I listed it as March 7th. With the other, I told them I was born November 6th. Ends up those dates worked just fine - one called me "a model Pisces", whereas the other said I "fit the Scorpio profile to a T".

For three other heavy believers in astrology, I asked them to figure out my astrological sign. I'd honestly answer any question about myself other than anything that would tip off my date of birth. Mind you, I didn't expect them to immediately figure it out, and if they guessed it on the second or third try, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. But they couldn't do it. One guy took five tries, a woman took nine, and the last guy literally guessed every other sign before he got mine.

Given this, I'm leaning towards horseshit. But then again, that's typical of Capricorns like myself.

Lex

Lexington Wrote:Two astrologers wanted to "run my chart", so I let them. However, I lied about my date of birth. I didn't lie about anything else - just the date. With one, I listed it as March 7th. With the other, I told them I was born November 6th. Ends up those dates worked just fine - one called me "a model Pisces", whereas the other said I "fit the Scorpio profile to a T".

i did the same thing on one of the people i met a few years ago who was also a firm believer in astrology. she asked me what my sign was at one point and i just gave her some random one, and i got back, 'i thought so' and 'you're so much like that'. can't remember the sign i quoted that time. i used this thing a couple of more times after that, and every time i got affirmative feedback that i was completely like those signs. really?

meridannight Wrote:yeah. because astrology is so complicated to comprehend you have to 'research' it to make up your mind on it. *laughing out loud*

That's exactly the disgusting attitude. Yes it is complicated. But you won't know.

Astrology isn't about "guessing" your sign. It doesn't work that way.
It's not just based on your sign, not even just on your date.
It's more than that, but I guess you don't really care.
Too bad, I thought I could make people listen and open their minds,
seems like it's acceptable to insult and disrespect others when it comes to Astrology.